PDA

View Full Version : Another Uconnect post...How to reset

FiatDood
08-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Does anybody know how to reset/reboot the 6.5?

I have this weird issue when I press the Media button I get Perry Como-It's Impossible showing up on the screen. I can't play it or anything, in fact I don't even own any Perry Como. Not sure how it got there and not sure how to remove it. I called Uconnect and Fiat and nobody knows. I think a restart of the system might delete it, but I don't know how to do that either

http://i.imgur.com/j8TeIPg.jpg

Fiat500USA
08-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Is it possible you have that stored on your phone somewhere? If not I recall someone here just disconnecting the battery for a little bit and then reconnecting it and it cleared up their issue.

datasage
08-21-2015, 10:21 PM
Is it possible you have that stored on your phone somewhere? If not I recall someone here just disconnecting the battery for a little bit and then reconnecting it and it cleared up their issue.

There really should be a hard reset button for these systems instead of relying on disconnecting the battery to do it.

FiatDood
08-22-2015, 02:02 AM

No, I've never had that song anywhere. Even if I did, I've never played it. I think I'll try the battery option tomorrow and see what happens. Or maybe just pull the fuse.....

Fiat500USA
08-22-2015, 02:26 AM
The reason why I asked is the Blue&Me system in my Abarth, when I connect my phone it can pick up some weird media files (like ringtones and the like) that are stored somewhere on my phone. I was wondering if it was in maybe a temporary file somewhere. Really strange. Let us know how you make out.

rustbucket
08-22-2015, 10:04 AM
Just a WAG but maybe the 6.5 Uconnect is bench tested where it's made and what you see is just the remnant of that or else someone in Melfi is really crazy about Perry.

FiatDood
08-22-2015, 01:36 PM
Turns out disconnecting the battery and waiting 5 minutes didn't do anything. I'm guessing there's a battery back up somewhere to keep it from losing the favorites and paired phone information. But I did delete my phone from the Bluetooth and re-paired it and it seems to have worked. It's not showing up now. Maybe the battery needs to be disconnected for a longer period? An hour or something?

I agree with datasage though, there really should be a hard reset for these. With all the electronics these days on modern vehicles, they should have hard resets for any digital system. Of course, then the dealers wouldn't see as many vehicles coming in to get serviced......

***Update****

Well, our boy Perry is back. Went to my kids soccer game and when I got back in the car and pressed the Media button, there it was.

Looking at the fuse section in the manual there are three different fuse boxes. One in the engine compartment: Engine Compartment Fuses/Distribution Unit, one inside the cabin under the dash below the steering wheel: Body Computer Fuse Center and one in the rear compartment: Rear Cargo Fuse/Relay Distribution Unit

For instructions to replace a fuse in the Body Computer Fuse Center the manual says to see your authorized dealer. Of course the Uconnect fuse is located in this panel. I looked under the steering wheel and took the front panel screws out, but couldn't see the fuse panel anywhere. This panel also houses the Fog lights, windows, central locking, dome lights, side mirrors, and other stuff. Why would you need to take the vehicle in to replace the dome light fuse? This doesn't make sense.

Anyway, I've taken the battery terminal cable off and will leave it off for a few hours today.

ronbo10
08-22-2015, 11:46 PM
Hey, Fiatdude, I see in your info that appears at the bottom of your posts that you've had a '71 124 Sport Coupe. Well, so did I! Bought it in '74 with about 81K miles on her, and curiously equipped with the optional (and take about $250 off the base price) 1438 cc engine. Got me all the way through college (had 145K miles when I sold it to a friend), and I'd have to say she served me well. In that Fiat bright blue that was common back then, with a black interior.

Congrats on your 500X. We have a 500L Trekking with the DDCT, just picked up my wife yesterday evening from the airport, about 65 miles round trip, 30/70 suburban/highway, got 39.5 mpg. Sunoco 91, driven fairly gently and just the speed limit, but that included a traffic jam/detour and putt-putting in a parking lot, so I was pleased with that. I hope you can report your mpg as you break in your X. I wouldn't be surprised if you find that you can beat the EPA numbers.

Good luck with solving your U-connect issue. Can't say I've seen anything like it in our L...

rustbucket
08-23-2015, 12:53 PM
There really should be a hard reset button for these systems instead of relying on disconnecting the battery to do it.

There probably is- iirc some older Uconnect systems had you push the mute and tune buttons at the same time for a reset. There were two types of resets iirc; a soft one which retained the owner's choices and a hard one (you had to push different buttons than the soft reset) restored the factory settings. Just a WAG on my part but I suspect there is something similar for the 5.0 and 6.5 Uconnects in the 500X.

FiatDood
08-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Hey, Fiatdude, I see in your info that appears at the bottom of your posts that you've had a '71 124 Sport Coupe. Well, so did I! Bought it in '74 with about 81K miles on her, and curiously equipped with the optional (and take about $250 off the base price) 1438 cc engine. Got me all the way through college (had 145K miles when I sold it to a friend), and I'd have to say she served me well. In that Fiat bright blue that was common back then, with a black interior.

Congrats on your 500X. We have a 500L Trekking with the DDCT, just picked up my wife yesterday evening from the airport, about 65 miles round trip, 30/70 suburban/highway, got 39.5 mpg. Sunoco 91, driven fairly gently and just the speed limit, but that included a traffic jam/detour and putt-putting in a parking lot, so I was pleased with that. I hope you can report your mpg as you break in your X. I wouldn't be surprised if you find that you can beat the EPA numbers.

Good luck with solving your U-connect issue. Can't say I've seen anything like it in our L...

Thanks ronbo. Yeah, the Coupe is my favorite. I've owned 4 of them going back to 1985. This particular one I've owned for about 20 years. Plan on giving it to my son when he's old enough....responsible enough. :)

BTW, still no luck on the Bluetooth. Can't get rid of Perry Como

datasage
08-27-2015, 10:11 PM
There probably is- iirc some older Uconnect systems had you push the mute and tune buttons at the same time for a reset. There were two types of resets iirc; a soft one which retained the owner's choices and a hard one (you had to push different buttons than the soft reset) restored the factory settings. Just a WAG on my part but I suspect there is something similar for the 5.0 and 6.5 Uconnects in the 500X.

I didnt find anything in the manual, but it could be some kind of undocumented feature.