PDA

View Full Version : Better Head Lights for 500L?

Purgatory
08-20-2015, 01:17 AM
Wife loves her 2015 500L, but keeps complaining that head lights, especially low beam, aren't bright enough. She commutes at night on very dark, heavily wooded back roads. Are there any good HID conversions available or other higher power light bulbs for the 500L?

Any links or sources would be appreciated.

Racerflash
08-20-2015, 08:53 AM
www.Flashtechusa.com has HID kits and new LED super bright bulbs that don't require a ballast. Check em out!

Bob

Klasse Act
08-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Just saw the LED foglight and the red cover that comes with it, would be cool if someone were to do a custom install for the rear mesh area where a factory foglight should've been installed...hint, hint, hint!

CoachRick
08-20-2015, 12:29 PM
I'm OK with the stock lamps; but we really haven't given the headlights a good test on some of central Texas' ultra-dark roads. Hopefully, by the time we need replacements, someone will have a nice high-output, robust, plug 'n' play lamp for us. ;) We've been running the headlights full time for the most part, so replacement will be sooner than 'normal', I reckon.

X19
08-21-2015, 01:39 PM
I installed the 500Madness 4300K HIDs a few months ago. My findings:
- Easy to install. Plenty of room under the hood.
- Looks factory. All the wiring is in the cap. Cap is much thicker than the stock one but you'd never know anything was different, or non-stock, unless you were pretty familiar with the engine compartment already.
- No codes thrown, nothing at all seems different. 500Madness says the headlight out warning should work as before.
- Lights work very well. Pattern and distribution looks about the same as previously.
- Definitely more, and whiter-looking light. It (at minimum) seems like I can see better.
Is it worth $300.? Hard to say. For me the added light and factory look are worth it. I am sure equivalent results can be gotten for under $100. but these are, truly, plug and play.