PDA

View Full Version : Traded in my 2013 Turbo and got a 2016 500X

Curtisc83
08-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Me and the wife decided today that the Turbo just wasn't working out for our 3 person family. So we went to the fiat dealership in Austin and looked at the 500X's and took the plunge and got the Lounge. Seemed like a good model because it came with almost everything but wasn't the price of the top model. I got 9500 dollars on trade in for my 2013 Turbo with 35k miles and a 2k dollar incentive off the 500X. It was a promotional thing for this weekend.

It's a pretty sweet car. It has basically all the features I felt my 500 Turbo was missing. The auto system and interface are amazing. I have a built in nav system and the road noise is pretty quiet. Also the Bluetooth system pairs perfectly with my iPhone. So I can make clear calls and play my music from my iPhone. This car should of been the first car fiat made in the U.S. It's also a ridiculously smooth ride. Sure it takes away the rawness and fun of the Turbo but having certain car comforts for my long commute to work has become increasingly important to me. Also my son is starting school so me being able to take my family plus his friends places like soccer practice would of been an issue at some point with my turbo.

datasage
08-09-2015, 12:48 AM
This car should of been the first car fiat made in the U.S.

It is the first Fiat designed with the NA market in mind. The other models were adapted from Euro spec versions. (Which may resulted in some of the quality issues, the US has more and on average, lower quality roads.)

For the NA version, The engine and transmission is actually made in the US, the rest is assembled in Italy.

Curtisc83
08-09-2015, 01:21 AM
It is the first Fiat designed with the NA market in mind. The other models were adapted from Euro spec versions. (Which may resulted in some of the quality issues, the US has more and on average, lower quality roads.)

For the NA version, The engine and transmission is actually made in the US, the rest is assembled in Italy.

Just to clarify I meant the first car introduced in the U.S. when fiat came back. I did notice right away the build quality was worlds apart from my Turbo model, more of a luxury crossover.

J.Peterman
08-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Didn't you just purchase a lifetime warranty for the Turbo? If so, did Fiat let you transfer that warranty to the new ride?
Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy!

Curtisc83
08-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Didn't you just purchase a lifetime warranty for the Turbo? If so, did Fiat let you transfer that warranty to the new ride?
Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy!

Yep and I got it refunded. Fiat threw in a 5 year 100k warranty instead of the 50k one. That plus some exterior/interior warranty for the seats and dents on the outside.

J.Peterman
08-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Yep and I got it refunded. Fiat threw in a 5 year 100k warranty instead of the 50k one. That plus some exterior/interior warranty for the seats and dents on the outside.
:cheerful: Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Enjoy your new car.

Fiat500USA
08-09-2015, 12:31 PM
Congratulations on your X! We're loving ours too! Nice and comfy.

SeaDawg
08-09-2015, 12:38 PM

The engines for the 500 and the Abarth are made in North America, but the transmissions for the 500 and the Abarth are both made in Italy.

rustbucket
08-09-2015, 01:12 PM
Big congrats on the new X! Finally got a look at them a couple of weeks ago and it's easy to understand why you said, "It's a pretty sweet car." Imho Fiat has a winner on its hands.

gerrymx
08-13-2015, 04:08 AM
That sounds a sweet trade, especially with still good warranty! Congrats and enjoy

Ucello
08-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Congrats on the new ride! 9500 is low IMHO for your trade, but stealerships steal...

CoachRick
08-13-2015, 09:47 AM
Congrats on the new ride! 9500 is low IMHO for your trade, but stealerships steal...

That same dealership gave me a fair trade on our '13 RDX toward the '15 500L we got at the end of July. July incentives applied and the RDX had some 'customizing' that needed fixing, so I think they were spot on the numbers. I imagine they would low-ball another FIAT if possible when traded...seems to be a bunch available. The X is a nice size; but I find the L better for our needs(no kiddos, just bicycles and interior design stuff).

Neighbor OP...Enjoy your new ride!!!

Klasse Act
08-13-2015, 10:23 AM
Congrats on the new ride Curtis! BTW has anyone told you that you look like Franco Harris a little bit?

What trans did you get?

Curtisc83
08-13-2015, 11:37 AM

It was about right since I had a cracked windshield and that was factored in, I would of had the trade in at 10k otherwise. I also checked KBB and the numbers were 9k-10k. 500's seem to lose value pretty fast my hopes are for my 500X to lose value at a slower pace. Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure none of my upgrades were a factor in the trade in value. It makes sense since I've read that dealers don't factor that in for trade in's.

Curtisc83
08-13-2015, 11:39 AM
Congrats on the new ride Curtis! BTW has anyone told you that you look like Franco Harris a little bit?

What trans did you get?

Thanks and I've never heard that before. I just looked him up and we do sort of look alike...LOL. I got the 9 speed transmission. Its pretty nice but sometimes seems to be a tad clueless on whichgear to go too. I figure I'm going to see a software update soon to address this.

Curtisc83
08-13-2015, 11:41 AM
That same dealership gave me a fair trade on our '13 RDX toward the '15 500L we got at the end of July. July incentives applied and the RDX had some 'customizing' that needed fixing, so I think they were spot on the numbers. I imagine they would low-ball another FIAT if possible when traded...seems to be a bunch available. The X is a nice size; but I find the L better for our needs(no kiddos, just bicycles and interior design stuff).

Neighbor OP...Enjoy your new ride!!!

Thank you! They were pretty spot on with KBB so I'm not feeling cheated or anything.

Gary in Cary
08-31-2015, 06:32 PM
So we went to the fiat dealership in Austin and looked at the 500X's and took the plunge and got the Lounge.

I did the same thing yesterday. Got the X Lounge as well. I'm liking it so far (60 miles so far today). Good luck with yours.