PDA

View Full Version : Tuning for 500T need reliable shop/race shop

WalkinTalkinStephenHawkin
07-27-2015, 09:38 PM
So I bought a 2013 fiat 500 turbo and recently purchased a cold air intake for it. The place I bought it from is slacking on every level to get it made up for me. I have been in there at least 4 times. It has now been 2 weeks and still not made or painted or have the sample color made up (Paid full amount). I probably won't be going through this shop for any more performance products. Can someone give me some insight on 500T tunes that match up to the abarth tune or even better. I have money to throw into this build and looking for a shop that is reliable and can get me parts in a timely manner. Willing to advertise on car for shop that is willing to work with me on this build.

aelfwyne
07-27-2015, 09:58 PM
So I bought a 2013 fiat 500 turbo and recently purchased a cold air intake for it. The place I bought it from is slacking on every level to get it made up for me. I have been in there at least 4 times. It has now been 2 weeks and still not made or painted or have the sample color made up (Paid full amount). I probably won't be going through this shop for any more performance products. Can someone give me some insight on 500T tunes that match up to the abarth tune or even better. I have money to throw into this build and looking for a shop that is reliable and can get me parts in a timely manner. Willing to advertise on car for shop that is willing to work with me on this build.

With a piggyback tune, you will always lag behind an Abarth. If you go with either J&J Racing or EuroCompulsion tunes, which are true ECU tunes, then your Turbo will be on par with a similarly tuned Abarth, assuming you change out the exhaust which is the other limiting factor.

Where do you live?

07-27-2015, 10:29 PM
I live in Washington and plan on doing the true ECU Ill take a look at those tunes thanks... I was looking at the abarth but I found this for 11000 with 13000 miles on it. Looking to put at least 6g into this in the next year and trying to get the most bang for my buck. Just got into fiats owned mostly bmws so the parts and guide lists are very small.

Thunderbolt
07-28-2015, 10:37 PM
If your CAI isn't yet "made", cancel the order and buy an engineered CAI from one of the reputable vendors that support this site. They'll probably ship it out tomorrow.

aelfwyne
07-28-2015, 10:41 PM
If your CAI isn't yet "made", cancel the order and buy an engineered CAI from one of the reputable vendors that support this site. They'll probably ship it out tomorrow.

Agreed. There are many, many options for well designed Cold Air Intakes for both the Turbo and the Abarth. No reason to custom build one and wait for it.

krayzielilsmoki
07-28-2015, 10:54 PM
I'm selling a cold air intake, check out my fs thread.

07-30-2015, 09:14 PM
getting my money back from for the intake. The intake is scheduled to be done tomorrow but then needs to be painted and was told they can't do it during business hours. currently looking at the atm intake as of right now and on the look out for the abarth exhaust and rear diffuser for cheap. Might just keep it single though and upgrade it

Antoans4
08-19-2015, 12:50 PM
Has anyone done the boost leak fix on a 500T with an intake