PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs on 500e - any issues?

StaceyR
07-17-2015, 11:54 AM
I love the look of our new 500e with the 17" Ciao Milano wheels added but the excessive wheel well gap remains and is especially evident against the orange body color . The logical side of my brain says "its a leased car...live with it" while the emotional side says "get lowering springs, a 2 inch drop would totally transform this car's looks!". I also own a Jetta SportWagen TDI fitted with H&R lowering springs and 18" wheels that looks fabulous at the expense of some ride comfort and occasional clearance issues. I accept that much but dropping the unique BEV 500e could create issues like battery clearance that I'm not aware of.

My questions to those who have experience with lowering a 500e is what, if any, negatives have you encountered so far that I should take into consideration. The 500 Madness spring's 2+" drop is fairly extreme but there doesn't seem to be another inexpensive option out there that is less radical...and possibly less problematic.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience and advise!

500eee
07-17-2015, 08:32 PM
Someone over on the Fiat 500e Facebook group just posted pics of these Bilsteins. Join the group to get more info. It's on a leased car too.