PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500L 9000 miles manual shifting weird.

carajean
07-15-2015, 05:06 PM
Ok since Monday my car has been revving higher than I have really seen it before in any gear Im in. Its been doing it all week. Today I had to slow down so I did in 6th to about 65. Switch lanes put on the gas (SLIGHTLY nothing overly done) to catch back up to 70 and the RPMS banged all the way up to 4k which is really really odd since I was already in 6th.... Get off highway start smelling clutch. I have not smelled clutch since I rolled it off the dealer lot. I thought it MAY be someone else until I got out the car at home and sure as shootin it was my car.

Called the dealer going to try and gimp her in there in the AM. Its just really weird out the blue this happens......

I knew these cars may have clutch issues so I have been extra careful not to be a assnaught with my car.

Rally500
08-06-2015, 10:01 PM
Ok since Monday my car has been revving higher than I have really seen it before in any gear Im in. Its been doing it all week. Today I had to slow down so I did in 6th to about 65. Switch lanes put on the gas (SLIGHTLY nothing overly done) to catch back up to 70 and the RPMS banged all the way up to 4k which is really really odd since I was already in 6th.... Get off highway start smelling clutch. I have not smelled clutch since I rolled it off the dealer lot. I thought it MAY be someone else until I got out the car at home and sure as shootin it was my car.

Called the dealer going to try and gimp her in there in the AM. Its just really weird out the blue this happens......

I knew these cars may have clutch issues so I have been extra careful not to be a assnaught with my car.

Hello
Your car is manual? If so it looks like clutch slippage even if your car has the euro twin clutch it s dry clutch as well.
I posted on groan noise from clutch and my car is in the shop and replacing the clutch with new part number my clutch did not slip but smell at times.my car is manual
Best regards