PDA

View Full Version : Bosch or ATE 2015 Abarth Cabrio

DoctorT
07-13-2015, 10:57 PM
I am in the market to upgrade the brakes and wanted the EBC Redstuff with slotted rotors. I ordered a set from Autoparts Warehouse and they were for ATE calipers. I definitely have Bosch. What's the deal with not being able to find pads and rotors for the Bosch system? I haven't found any suppliers that carry pads for this system. The rotors are larger too on the Bosch compared to the ATE. Anyone have any answers?

Tweak
07-14-2015, 03:23 PM
I can't speak to the things you are asking as I am running stock except for the pads. What I did want to say is I am happy with my EBC Red pads but many on the forum are not so hopefully you have a good experience like I have, just something to keep an eye on.

J.Peterman
07-14-2015, 06:49 PM
I am also running the EBC redstuff pads. I like them very much due to the very low amount of dust that they produce after they're bedded in (bedding takes 1000 miles plus for most people). As Tweak posted, some are not happy with them but the threads/posts that I've read where users were dissatisfied were from those who tracked or auto-crossed their cars. I only live 15 minutes from the mountains and drive in them quite a bit so my pads have not been totally babied and I have no problems with them. You'll need to decide how you'll use the car. If you need something more substantial, I've read where a couple of people have switched to the EBC greenstuff pads.
I know no experience with slotted rotors on the Abarth but have had them on plenty of motorcycles that I've owned. They will definitely disperse heat quicker than a solid rotor.

msjulie33
07-14-2015, 09:22 PM
EBC red have been fine on the street so recommended for lower dust, etc but I'm one of the folks that finds them less capable on the track...