PDA

View Full Version : Sport mode in Automatic 500T's

slowbird
07-06-2015, 01:16 AM
Can any owners with 2014-2015 Automatic 500T's chime in here please?

I have read and seen vids of the Automatic Abarths, and how the Sport mode really allows for spirited driving, and fun little exhaust stuff.

(kinda like this promotional vid)

http://youtu.be/Q1N18Jue1d8

Is the 500T auto the same? With just quieter exhaust?

BigDaddySRT
07-06-2015, 07:43 AM
The 500T Auto is still completely different from the ABARTH Auto whether it be SPORT Mode or Non-SPORT Mode.

Engineering makes it worth your while to buy the ABARTH over the 500T.

slowbird
07-06-2015, 09:06 AM
Yeah, Thanks. I have an Abarth. I know the differences between an Abarth and a 500T.

What I am asking is, on an Automatic Abarth when you put in in Sport mode, the transmission apparently acts a certain way. It plays with the throttle to rev match downshifts and add little pops on upshifts (or so that video claims)

I'm asking if an Automatic 500T does the same thing when you press the SPORT button? (except with a quieter exhaust so maybe they didn't bother programming the exhaust pops on upshifts and other stuff)

edvc520
07-06-2015, 09:38 AM
I don't have an auto..
But my 500t... I find sports mode makes the rev faster, and exhaust is louder.
You can definitely feel the difference, that's why I only drive with sports mode on now.

BigDaddySRT
07-06-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah, Thanks. I have an Abarth. I know the differences between an Abarth and a 500T.

What I am asking is, on an Automatic Abarth when you put in in Sport mode, the transmission apparently acts a certain way. It plays with the throttle to rev match downshifts and add little pops on upshifts (or so that video claims)

I'm asking if an Automatic 500T does the same thing when you press the SPORT button? (except with a quieter exhaust so maybe they didn't bother programming the exhaust pops on upshifts and other stuff)

The ABARTH Auto has specific Transmission Calibration. The 500T Auto has specific Transmission Calibration.

The ABARTH exhaust and 500T Exhaust are different, along with the Engine Calibration... meaning the 500T will never sound like the ABARTH even if you simply swap the exhaust. The "gurgles" and "pops" within the exhaust system are controlled partially through the very specific engine calibrations.

The 500T is "detuned" in many more aspects than just simply horsepower.

If you want the ABARTH "sound", "performance", "handling" ESC Calibration, and Automatic Transmission Calibration then you are going to have to buy an ABARTH.

Wolfepaw
07-06-2015, 07:33 PM
The ABARTH Auto has specific Transmission Calibration. The 500T Auto has specific Transmission Calibration.

The ABARTH exhaust and 500T Exhaust are different, along with the Engine Calibration... meaning the 500T will never sound like the ABARTH even if you simply swap the exhaust. The "gurgles" and "pops" within the exhaust system are controlled partially through the very specific engine calibrations.

The 500T is "detuned" in many more aspects than just simply horsepower.

If you want the ABARTH "sound", "performance", "handling" ESC Calibration, and Automatic Transmission Calibration then you are going to have to buy an ABARTH.

You are completely missing the point of his question. He's not saying he wants his 500T to be an Abarth. He's simply asking if the automatic in the T has similar effect and tuning on how it behaves in Sport mode.

slowbird
07-06-2015, 07:44 PM
You are completely missing the point of his question. He's not saying he wants his 500T to be an Abarth. He's simply asking if the automatic in the T has similar effect and tuning on how it behaves in Sport mode.

YES!! EXACTLY!!

Thank you.

Mr DADDYSRT, please refrain from commenting further on this thread. You don't have an auto 500T and that's the target audience of my question.

Jester49
07-06-2015, 09:50 PM
YES!! EXACTLY!!

Thank you.

Mr DADDYSRT, please refrain from commenting further on this thread. You don't have an auto 500T and that's the target audience of my question.

I Have a 500 POP with a auto and I can tell you that in manual mode and Sport mode it will act just like Auto Abarth ie. rev match, etc. So would imagine the 500T would too, it just won't sound like a abarth.

BigDaddySRT
07-06-2015, 09:57 PM
I Have a 500 POP with a auto and I can tell you that in manual mode and Sport mode it will act just like Auto Abarth ie. rev match, etc. So would imagine the 500T would too, it just won't sound like a abarth.

Every Auto FIAT 500 has a different Transmission Calibration.
The 500T is the "softer", and the Auto ABARTH has the most "aggressive" calibration.

They were made that way for different types of customers.

slowbird
07-07-2015, 07:16 AM

Thank you! Very useful info. I appreciate it.

JoeB
08-22-2015, 06:32 PM
You should test drive an auto Turbo. That's the only way you'll really know how it feels, and you might dig it. I love my Abarth, but there are days I wouldn't mind it being a little quieter..I think I would like the Turbo.