PDA

View Full Version : Brake upgrade question

sjb2720
07-01-2015, 10:43 AM
What would make the most improvement in brake performance? Stainless Lines, EBC pads, or new slotted/drilled rotors?

Maybe other ideas?

Just looking at what to do next!

thanks!

Trunkout
07-01-2015, 10:52 AM
new slotted/drilled rotors?

In Iowa? if you drive this in the snow DO NOT do it!

Tweak
07-01-2015, 11:02 AM
Better brake pads I'd say...and you should know a lot of people have not been happy with EBC Red pads as of late. Stainless lines would be second. Drilled or slotted rotors would be last...more for looks, you don't see many race cars running around with them for a reason.

sjb2720
07-01-2015, 11:39 AM
Good to know... What have been the issues with the EBC pads? (I will do a search also) if so what are the best street pads these days?

Also will not see snow but sounds like rotors can wait

Davothegr8
07-01-2015, 03:51 PM
for the love of God not EBC reds!! Mine SUCK!! They get hot and brake fade with a quickness!!

Tweak
07-01-2015, 10:47 PM
Good to know... What have been the issues with the EBC pads? (I will do a search also) if so what are the best street pads these days?

Also will not see snow but sounds like rotors can wait

R1 Stoptech have been getting some love recently. EBC (Reds specifically) though as stated are seeing several people dislike them once they warm up.

That said I have not had issues with my EBC Reds even during "spirited" driving. :D

Purgatory
07-01-2015, 11:16 PM
But why do you see virtually ever motorcycle with drilled/slotted rotors?, and even bicycles that have disc brakes.

Purgatory
07-01-2015, 11:19 PM
I did not buy the EBC Reds based entirely on dis-satisfied owners here, and on other forums. I know there are those that swear by them, but more and more people reporting serious problems. I recently bought the RRM racing pads. Haven't gotten them installed yet, but will to a review of them once I have them on my car.

Fortunately, the stock brakes on the Abarth are robust and strong as is, so I don't mind waiting. My stock brakes have never faded, not even after spirited driving in the mountains here, or having to perform panic stops on jammed up Interstate runs from high speed.