PDA

View Full Version : Devastated due to broken 2014 500L HELP!

Ellita One
06-30-2015, 02:41 PM
I purchased my 2014 500L just 2 weeks ago from a dealer. It only has 22,000 miles on it so to me it is brand new. Last Friday, while driving down the road suddenly the car lost power. It would no longer go past about 25 MPH. My husband pulled over, turned it off, turned it back on, and it still did the same thing. Finally the check engine light came on and we were able to get it to the dealership using the automatic manual option. They ran the code, said it was a turbo sensor, and they would need me to leave it there.

Here I am 4 days later and they haven't called to tell me what is going on! As the days pass by I am wondering if I need to be reading up on the lemon law. What is wrong with my car and why is it taking so long to fix it?! I am devastated! I only drove it for 2 weeks before it completely crapped out. Have I made a mistake?!

DeSoulo
06-30-2015, 03:15 PM
That's tough to hear. Perhaps the delay is a parts availability problem. I'd call for an update to see what's going on. Here is a link where you can enter your VIN # to see past maintenance and factory update information. I have 9300 miles on mine and no problems so hopefully yours is just a glitch and will be returned to you running properly.

https://www.moparownerconnect.com/oc/us/en-us/sub/Pages/RecallsQuery.aspx

Trunkout
06-30-2015, 03:19 PM
Have I made a mistake?!

Nope. take a breath. Call the service manager and ask for an update.
If no update call 1-888-242-6342 and complain about it!

Ellita One
06-30-2015, 03:37 PM
The dealership just called! Maybe I should have made this post 3 days ago! LOL! They said the waste gate linkage was disconnected, reconnected, put a retainer clip in to prevent it happening again. That took 4 days to figure out!! I dont know about this...I called this place 4 times yesterday because I hadn't heard anything and they didn't know what was wrong yet. I pray I dont pick it up and have issues again. I will run the VIN on that site about as soon as I get home.

Tweak
06-30-2015, 09:16 PM
The dealership just called! Maybe I should have made this post 3 days ago! LOL! They said the waste gate linkage was disconnected, reconnected, put a retainer clip in to prevent it happening again. That took 4 days to figure out!! I dont know about this...I called this place 4 times yesterday because I hadn't heard anything and they didn't know what was wrong yet. I pray I dont pick it up and have issues again. I will run the VIN on that site about as soon as I get home.

Welcome to the forum. Hope the rest of your ownership is problem free, do keep us updated with your experience.

Fiat 500L
07-26-2015, 10:59 PM
I bought my Fiat 500L used 26542 miles I thought hmmmm not even out of warranty!!!! Two weeks at a drive thru it begins to sputter and the smell of burnt plastic thru vents shut it down... Turned it back on and it said check engine!!! I couldn't believe it I called the dealership they were like call a fiat dealership they will pick it up and fix it..... Well the closest one was 31 miles I called.... Yes we can get it fixed in a couple of days..... NOPE 8 days later..... No call backs no updates...... They finally said it was the transmission module.... It was replaced and I got my car back!! I love it I hope nothing else goes wrong!!!

bryanintowson
07-27-2015, 09:21 AM
I assume you have the automated DDCT?

One of the most critical things to remember about that transmission is that you must drive it like a manual when you are in stop and go traffic. Or at a drive through. Put the car in neutral when not in motion and you will solve 99% of the problems people have been having with that particular transmissions.

Most dealers did not tell buyers about that and told them they could drive it like a traditional automatic. Unfortunately, that caused lots of problems. So many problems in fact that the current L now comes with a traditional slushbox.

Timothy Allen
07-27-2015, 05:40 PM

I doubt it took 4 days to figure that out. Dealerships have a schedule, and their techs are booked up for weeks in advance sometimes. They have to work on the cars that had appointments before they can work on tow-ins and emergency jobs like yours.