PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Sisters 2015 - Texas Fiat Road Trip - Pictures

NGEN
06-29-2015, 09:39 PM
Here are a lot of pictures from the Texas Twisted Sisters 2015 Event.

Thank you to everyone who came out!

Click here:

Texas Twisted Sisters 2015 (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.720152001444688.1073741932.239429149516978&type=3)

aelfwyne
06-29-2015, 10:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZgbuTJym8c

Video of the special "Rally Water Stage". No Fiats were harmed on this stage. This was after the main route, on the return run, so the road is less "interesting"... Until the water begins. Action is in the last 1/3 of the video really.

Jan
06-29-2015, 11:41 PM
looks like good times were had!

aelfwyne
06-29-2015, 11:59 PM
looks like good times were had!

More than you know!

I'm trying to convince myself that my Sport performed admirably and I don't have to go trade up immediately!

Tweak
06-30-2015, 11:01 AM
More than you know!

I'm trying to convince myself that my Sport performed admirably and I don't have to go trade up immediately!

It didn't and you do...lol. :p

aelfwyne
06-30-2015, 02:17 PM
It didn't and you do...lol. :p

Actually I was surprised. They had this crazy idea that since I knew the route, I should set the pace.

Knowing that having 20+ Abarths behind you is like being the new "cute guy" in prison, I floored it and kept it at redline as much as I could.

When we broke out in subgroups at the halfway point they put me in the triple digit club with the crazies.

Later I did have to give up point, I was beginning to get sloppy on corners from pushing too hard. It was me who gave in, not the Sport.

aelfwyne
06-30-2015, 05:27 PM
MORE VIDEO!

This one is a pretty quick 10 minute section of twisties on the 3rd of the Sisters (FM 336). My 500 Sport is still pace car at the moment, but at the end I'm fatigued after trying to stay ahead of the Abarths all day, so pull off to let the Abarths take the lead.

If you want to know what the actual drive is like (not just shootouts between tuned Abarths), this is the video to watch.

If you click over to watch it directly on Youtube, it is even in 1080p HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOcTqRu-Uk

Tweak
06-30-2015, 09:08 PM
Actually I was surprised. They had this crazy idea that since I knew the route, I should set the pace.

Knowing that having 20+ Abarths behind you is like being the new "cute guy" in prison, I floored it and kept it at redline as much as I could.

When we broke out in subgroups at the halfway point they put me in the triple digit club with the crazies.

Later I did have to give up point, I was beginning to get sloppy on corners from pushing too hard. It was me who gave in, not the Sport.

I don't know the road there but I know that with the FOTD trips if pushed the Sport can hang until we come out of corners or hit straights, through the corners they hang well against or with their turbo equipped brethren. :cool:

aelfwyne
06-30-2015, 10:16 PM
I don't know the road there but I know that with the FOTD trips if pushed the Sport can hang until we come out of corners or hit straights, through the corners they hang well against or with their turbo equipped brethren. :cool:

Very true, especially with some suspension upgrades. Steep grades did slow my Sport down a few times. On the straights, though, it could really pick up some speed so I didn't have Abarth drivers murdering me.

Tweak
07-01-2015, 11:16 AM
Very true, especially with some suspension upgrades. Steep grades did slow my Sport down a few times. On the straights, though, it could really pick up some speed so I didn't have Abarth drivers murdering me.

As long as you keep the revs up you're usually good. RPMs dip and you'll possibly have a turbo'ed ride snacking on your rear bumper. :D