PDA

View Full Version : Fiat event in Germany

MrFiat
05-31-2015, 08:47 AM
As some of you might know, there is a very active vintage Abarth group that I helped start on Yahoo about 15 years ago. There are roughly 100 members representing countries worldwide.

Udo Bernhardt is a long standing member of our group and a fellow Double Bubble owner (the blue car in the first photo). Udo is from Belgium and just posted a report from this weeks event he attended in Munich, Germany. I thought that some of you might find it interesting and fun to see how active FIAT enthusiasts in other parts of the world are. Here is an excerpt from Udo's post along with a couple of photos from the event. Note the huge linup of Fiat machinery in the first photo.

"Weather was better than expected, wasn´t warm, but at least dry. As the meeting was arranged by the Zastava club München, Many of the participants came from ex-jugoslavia on the wheels with their cars, many transformed Zastava with Autobianchi Abarth engines. There were some very nicely made TC and TCR replicas, There was a lot of confusion about the Abarth Double-Bubble, as most of the people had never seen such a car, nor knew anything about the Abarth car-production. Most believed it had a fiberglasbody wich is bolted on a Fiat 600 chassis. We made a roundtrip through the city of Munich on saturday, which was impressive, but wasnt the right environment for the Double-Bubble at all. Constant stop and go is quite exausting for the driver and the passengers, (My son Nico was cramped transversely on the non existing back seat) and the engine didn´t like it too much. Also the size of todays SUVs surrounding us on 3lane-traffic blocked a lot of the views one would have had in an other car, but it was great fun and an interesting meeting with interesting people."

http://i60.tinypic.com/2504ec1.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/nx42l3.jpg

shagghie
05-31-2015, 10:32 AM
Oh my.... THAT would be a to die for event for me!
it's been a long time since I've been on the boards, great to still see your posts!!

Fiat500USA
05-31-2015, 10:49 AM
Oh my.... THAT would be a to die for event for me!
it's been a long time since I've been on the boards, great to still see your posts!!

++1 Definitely! Agreed on both points!

fiatnut
05-17-2016, 09:20 AM
As some of you might know, there is a very active vintage Abarth group that I helped start on Yahoo about 15 years ago. There are roughly 100 members representing countries worldwide.

Udo Bernhardt is a long standing member of our group and a fellow Double Bubble owner (the blue car in the first photo). Udo is from Belgium and just posted a report from this weeks event he attended in Munich, Germany. I thought that some of you might find it interesting and fun to see how active FIAT enthusiasts in other parts of the world are. Here is an excerpt from Udo's post along with a couple of photos from the event. Note the huge linup of Fiat machinery in the first photo.

"Weather was better than expected, wasn´t warm, but at least dry. As the meeting was arranged by the Zastava club München, Many of the participants came from ex-jugoslavia on the wheels with their cars, many transformed Zastava with Autobianchi Abarth engines. There were some very nicely made TC and TCR replicas, There was a lot of confusion about the Abarth Double-Bubble, as most of the people had never seen such a car, nor knew anything about the Abarth car-production. Most believed it had a fiberglasbody wich is bolted on a Fiat 600 chassis. We made a roundtrip through the city of Munich on saturday, which was impressive, but wasnt the right environment for the Double-Bubble at all. Constant stop and go is quite exausting for the driver and the passengers, (My son Nico was cramped transversely on the non existing back seat) and the engine didn´t like it too much. Also the size of todays SUVs surrounding us on 3lane-traffic blocked a lot of the views one would have had in an other car, but it was great fun and an interesting meeting with interesting people."

http://i60.tinypic.com/2504ec1.jpg

http://i60.tinypic.com/nx42l3.jpg
are there scheduled events for 2016 ? ,we will be in Germany in September .

fiatnut
11-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Great event ,I was very fortunate to attend this years function.

MrFiat
11-20-2018, 10:54 AM
Great event ,I was very fortunate to attend this years function.

I'm green with envy. :thumbsup: I am so pleased that you had the opportunity to attend
Please, please, please ---- Tell us more about the event. Lots of details. Pictures if you have them.

The excitement builds !!! :excitement:

fiatnut
11-21-2018, 10:27 PM

fiatnut
11-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Thanks to DIDI and friends for the hospitality :cuddle: