PDA

View Full Version : Nick's "serqet" Build.

Nick Tomaszewski
05-21-2015, 01:47 PM
My names Nick, I Just got my abarth 3 Weeks ago I love this car. I've always been a small hatchback fan, I'm 19 and work at Discover, I needed to build some credit to it was time to stop buying cars off friends and family decided to get something a little newer 1794917950 My last car was a 2003 Ford Focus zx3, I was going to SVT swap it and boost it but i figured it wouldn't be reliable enough. After searching for Abarths for weeks I found one 4 hours away in new york, 2013 Cabrio for 16k with 9k miles 17951.

Let the modding begin.

Current plans to do before H2Oi
Madness v2 ecu
Cutout Pipe
Dipped (somekinda color, probably brown)

Scarecrow23
05-21-2015, 01:58 PM
Welcome & Congrats! There's lots of great info to be found here on what is worth the $ so research & mod away!

B3NN3TT
05-21-2015, 03:05 PM
Give it up for the Mk I Focus! My 2003 SVT pulls a little harder than my Abarth, but it isn't nearly as explosive.

Welcome.

Sales@Tork2
05-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Welcome to the Forum, glad you could find what you were looking for, hopefully you are enjoying it.
Tyson

Nick Tomaszewski
05-21-2015, 09:51 PM
Is it an all motor svt? I dont see it being faster with it being heavier and lower hp

B3NN3TT
05-22-2015, 10:06 AM
Is it an all motor svt? I dont see it being faster with it being heavier and lower hp

MORE horsepower (170 stock in the Focus), and not much heavier (2750), and a 7300 redline, and a 6-speed manual. The SVT just has less torque, hence the non-explosiveness.

ivmill
05-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Welcome to the forum! I sold my Roush stage 2 egg yolk yellow ZX3 for the Abarth a couple years back. It was a surprisingly fun little car. But certainly not as fun as this, haha. As mentioned earlier do some research before deciding on any parts just yet. For instance I personally wouldn't go with that specific piggy back but that's just my personal preference. Also an air intake should be high on that list. Any of the ones on the market will make a noticeable difference.

Nick Tomaszewski
05-22-2015, 12:11 PM
I was thinking intake too, but I really want some more sound, I have a catless borla on my zx3 and I miss the loudness when I got on it.

boxerbay
05-22-2015, 02:14 PM
best advice.... slow down and do some research.

Trunkout
05-22-2015, 02:36 PM
best advice.... slow down and do some research.

and then slower, and more research.

bainbridgeny
05-22-2015, 03:29 PM
Go super fast! Just buy everything on the market and then sell anything you don't use! BUY ALL THE THINGS!!

But seriously, nice car! The mods you have listed aren't really too crazy to start with so just go with what you like. There are some really good tunes out there but if you want to save some money but go a little faster, a used V2 piggy back is the way to go. Plus you'll know that when you want to go faster, you can. Some people live for the latest and greatest but there been so much advancement on mods for this car that there's no harm to try what has been out for a while and enjoy each upgrade as you go. But just enjoy the car. They're amazingly fun even in stock form.

Also if you get a piggyback look into picking up a used Go Pedal too. They go great together.