PDA

View Full Version : Sequence of songs while playing from SD card

ethomas
05-18-2015, 05:55 PM
I have MP3s organized on my SD card by directories. I usually browse into a folder and play songs from there. Normal MP3 players would start from the file I select and go down the other files in the folder. But, my Fiat 500L console seems to be following some weird sequence. Instead of playing the next file in the folder, it plays a file completely outside the folder. It is almost like I have the SHUFFLE on (though it is not).

Can someone tell me what is the rule that it is following to order the songs?

Robert Nixon
05-18-2015, 10:15 PM
Sorry I don't know how that works, but welcome to the forum. Maybe it's programmed to go alphabetically or by date of recording or like you say just shuffle.

Since I don't know, does the L have an SD card slot, or is this a Bluetooth player? If it's Bluetooth then wouldn't your device control the play order?

Tweak
05-18-2015, 10:54 PM
Welcome to the forum.

I think the best way to organize playback is most likely to create a playlist on the PC/Mac and sort the order you prefer. I'm not completely certain with the 500L but for the other models that has often been suggested.

chily3
05-19-2015, 10:43 AM
Similar thing happened with ours, we listen to books after converting from cd ( yep no cd player) but sometimes the books would not go by chapter. Never figured it out so quit listen to books.

ethomas
05-19-2015, 10:59 AM
Yes, it has an SD card slot. There is also a USB slot. For both of these, playing is done on the U-Connect console. Pretty good, I must say !! Bluetooth is also an option (in which case the device controls the play).

It doesn't seem to be alphabetical. It plays a song from the folder I am in, then it plays one or two songs from another folder way outside and then it comes back to this folder. I see that more songs are played from the folder I am in. With the amount of songs I have on the card, if it was alphabetical, it would just go tangent and never come back to the folder.

And it is not shuffle. Every time I play, it seems to be following the same order. So there is some weird crooked intelligence behind it.

Thanks for the welcome !

ethomas
05-19-2015, 11:02 AM
I have about 40gb worth of music from different languages, albums etc. I have playlists (m3u) created for many that I play often and that works great, but it is impossible to create playlists for everything.