PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty Using Site Recently

Abarth Five O
05-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Very slow in loading up page on my computer in the past week or so, sometimes taking minutes. Also, would not scroll down during that busy thread yesterday "Big Time Turbo" as it kept bumping me up. Frustrating to say the least. Even tried logging out/logging back in and no dice. :( Any one else have these issues? What's up? System overload or glitches? Site hacked?

Trunkout
05-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Plus juan

SeaDawg
05-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Yes! I thought we had been moved to a much slower server. I had to double check to make sure I wasn't on the Red Forum!:sad:

Abarth Five O
05-12-2015, 08:27 PM
It's working like it should right now, but will monitor.

Tweak
05-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Felt a little slow to me recently as well but seems fine now...if it persists and becomes frequent I will certainly make Chris aware so he can check further into any potential issues.

MemoryFoam
05-12-2015, 09:35 PM
I've had the same problem for most of today. Seems to be working ok now.

Abarth Five O
05-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Here we go again. Trying to scroll down "Open Flash Tech" thread, constant blinking, and bumps back up to top of page. :Mad:

J.Peterman
05-13-2015, 07:45 AM
Same here, for a about a week. You click on a thread and the first post (or none) come up and then it just sits. I have to go back a page and click again (several times) and then it may open. Sometimes, it just doesn't do anything. Reloading the page (Firefox) does nothing. I have to go back and click on the thread again to have any hope that it will work.

Fiat500USA
05-13-2015, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I saw Firefox was one browser, but what other browsers are everyone else using? What about clearing cookies? The site has been very busy lately but I haven't had any problems. Other than that and there has been a lot of album activity, which may slow things down. Let me know.

Trunkout
05-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Chrome. Seems slower when it's warmer. Where's that server?

Fiat500USA
05-13-2015, 09:34 AM
Chrome. Seems slower when it's warmer. Where's that server?

FOGO Data Centers located in the south.

Fiat500USA
05-13-2015, 09:49 AM
Made a couple of changes. Let me know... fingersx

Tweak
05-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Chrome and seems fine for me currently but as stated it was a bit slow the other evening...assumed it was a high traffic time.

MemoryFoam
05-13-2015, 10:40 AM
IE. Working fine today.

SeaDawg
05-13-2015, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I saw Firefox was one browser, but what other browsers are everyone else using? What about clearing cookies? The site has been very busy lately but I haven't had any problems. Other than that and there has been a lot of album activity, which may slow things down. Let me know.

IE11, but IE9 does it too. Working fine today.

Abarth Five O
05-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Using Firefox and cleared all cookies. Seems to be working fine today. Will continue to monitor. Thanks all for your input and feedback.

J.Peterman
05-15-2015, 03:38 PM
It's been working correctly for the last couple of days............but, a few minutes ago, the sitting & thinking symptom started happening again.
Thought you would want to know.

*Edit.......just several minutes later and now it's working fine again.

Abarth Five O
05-15-2015, 04:39 PM
+1

Trunkout
05-15-2015, 05:12 PM
+JUAN... actually right on time/ afternoon.

BlueCorn
05-15-2015, 05:37 PM
A big part of the problem is a timeout with Google syndication (show_ads.js). Because it's loading in the header, the whole page hangs until it times out. You may want to look at preloading your javascript or including it in the footer, rather than the header, of the template.

Trunkout
05-15-2015, 05:53 PM
A big part of the problem is a timeout with Google syndication (show_ads.js). Because it's loading in the header, the whole page hangs until it times out. You may want to look at preloading your javascript or including it in the footer, rather than the header, of the template.

use an ad blocker extension

J.Peterman
05-15-2015, 06:37 PM
I've been a regular user of the site since the first week or so of August, 2014 and have not had this problem until recently. I haven't changed browsers and my IP speed has not changed. It also doesn't happen on any of the other sites that I frequent so it's something specific to this site.

SeaDawg
05-15-2015, 09:50 PM
use an ad blocker extension

I use that (adblockerplus), and have for months, and it still occurs. In fact, it did it, loaded the top then paused then finally popped the rest of the page up, when loading this thread seconds ago.

Tweak
05-15-2015, 09:54 PM
I use that (adblockerplus), and have for months, and it still occurs. In fact, it did it, loaded the top then paused then finally popped the rest of the page up, when loading this thread seconds ago.

Sometimes when too many filters are added to an ad blocker it causes more issues than the ads.

Trunkout
05-15-2015, 11:22 PM
Sometimes when too many filters are added to an ad blocker it causes more issues than the ads.

Good point. DON'T get an individual blocker per website. Just get "ad blocker extension for Chrome".

SeaDawg
05-16-2015, 01:32 AM

The only 'ad blocker' that IE has internally, that I'm aware of, is the 'popup blocker' which has been on forever and has never caused a problem that I'm aware of with adblocker plus. This site has always been virtually instantaneous until the last 10 days or so.

Abarth Five O
05-16-2015, 02:08 AM
I agree w/ SeaDawg.

BlueCorn
05-16-2015, 12:20 PM
I've been a regular user of the site since the first week or so of August, 2014 and have not had this problem until recently. I haven't changed browsers and my IP speed has not changed. It also doesn't happen on any of the other sites that I frequent so it's something specific to this site.

That was my point. It's the way this site is coded. If that javascript hangs, it halts the rest of the page load. An ad-blocker doesn't do anything to resolve that. The page is still going to try to load the code, the ad blocker just keeps it from running in your browser.

Tweak
05-16-2015, 07:48 PM
The only 'ad blocker' that IE has internally, that I'm aware of, is the 'popup blocker' which has been on forever and has never caused a problem that I'm aware of with adblocker plus. This site has always been virtually instantaneous until the last 10 days or so.

I was more so referring to Chrome and Firefox that uses extensions such as Ad Block Plus where you can subscribe to blocking lists which works well BUT if you add too many it can create issues.

I agree w/ SeaDawg.

See above...and I despise IE and haven't used it since so long ago I can't even tell you. With Windows 10 about to be released IE is no more! Hopefully Edge browser is as revolutionary as it seems it might be and MIGHT be worth a shot.

Fiat500USA
05-16-2015, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the input everyone. Made a change. Let me know if it is better. Unfortunately, the google ad can slow the load speed down. Working on that, but as that ad is the main one that helps keep us alive, it's not as easy to get rid of. We moved to a high speed data center a couple of years back and other than a move to another area in the center in February, nothing has changed. Let me know.

Abarth Five O
05-26-2015, 01:42 PM
Last few days, very slow loading page and moving from page to page.

Trunkout
05-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Last few days, very slow loading page and moving from page to page.

and loading pictures....

SeaDawg
05-26-2015, 02:09 PM
and loading pictures....

++1

gincar96
05-26-2015, 08:13 PM
yes very slow