PDA

View Full Version : E85?

500spot
04-27-2015, 01:33 PM
Has anyone tried E85 fuel in their non-turbo 500 with no chip, flashes or obdII flash? It is supposed to work on high compression engines pretty well I'm told, and we non-turbo guys have a fairly high compression engine.

BlueCorn
04-27-2015, 01:42 PM
You don't need to look any further than your Owner's Manual for that answer. 10% Ethanol is the most that's supported.

Fiat500USA
04-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Some good discussions on E85 ethanol here:

E85 on the Abarth...so far so good. (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?6754-E85-on-the-Abarth-so-far-so-good)
Can I use E85 on my car without no engine modifications? (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?3832-Can-I-use-E85-on-my-car-without-no-engine-modifications)
E85?? Dyno yet (http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12645-E85-Dyno-yet)

Trunkout
04-27-2015, 04:33 PM
I would never put that crap in ANY car.

BlueCorn
04-27-2015, 05:07 PM
I would never put that crap in ANY car.

In a car that's tuned, and equipped for it, you can make more HP than you can on gas. It's got much better detonation characteristics so you can really push the boost. The downside is the car really needs to be setup for it to work. It's not as energy dense as gasoline so the injector flow rates need to be nearly doubled.

I have a friend with a 560HP WRX setup on E85. That required a custom tune, a higher volume fuel pump and high flow injectors. (it also won't run on pump gas)

opiateESP
04-27-2015, 06:28 PM
I went on a Fiat cruise yesterday and met a great guy running the ATP E85 injectors and the ATP GT1752 in conjunction with a madness piggyback. He loves the E85 and simply put; his car is bloody fast. Without the injectors, I wouldn't bother to try that but with the higher flow injectors and that turbo, his car was a little monster. This was the first Abarth I've encountered that can genuinely run with me or potentially outrun me. GOOD LORD. He runs 90% E85 and 10% 94 octane mostly to help the car start better on the colder mornings. He has yet to tune the car for it but that is in the near future for him. Once that's done, his car will be an outright beast.

SO! While E85 is not officially supported, it does work with sufficient modification.

Abarth_Ray
06-15-2015, 11:39 PM
I run 2 gallons of E-85 in my Abarth.. No problems. Anymore will max out the injectors. Given i do have a turbo and my injectors already spray more fuel than the 500.

Long_John
06-16-2015, 08:53 AM
I went on a Fiat cruise yesterday and met a great guy running the ATP E85 injectors and the ATP GT1752 in conjunction with a madness piggyback. He loves the E85 and simply put; his car is bloody fast. Without the injectors, I wouldn't bother to try that but with the higher flow injectors and that turbo, his car was a little monster. This was the first Abarth I've encountered that can genuinely run with me or potentially outrun me. GOOD LORD. He runs 90% E85 and 10% 94 octane mostly to help the car start better on the colder mornings. He has yet to tune the car for it but that is in the near future for him. Once that's done, his car will be an outright beast.

SO! While E85 is not officially supported, it does work with sufficient modification.

Wow thats exciting. Is he on the forums? I'd love to know about that car.