PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500X Euro NCAP Crash Test

Fiat500USA
04-23-2015, 01:00 PM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Crash test results for the European Fiat 500X were just released by Euro NCAP, the organization that assesses the safety of new cars in Europe. The Fiat 500X received four stars, just missing a five star rating. Recently, Euro NCAP has...

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/9pWn6tJ4ARY/fiat-500x-euro-ncap-crash-test.html)

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-tpu1ORmOaXM/VTkXX7ReNEI/AAAAAAAAdV8/NfxMCY0qsKo/s640/Fiat_500X_Euro_NCAP_Test%2520%25287%2529.jpg

Fiat500USA
04-23-2015, 09:55 PM
So what does everyone think about this?

Here is what I think. The 500X did very well in the normal crash testing. It is really a technicality that the 500X didn't get a fifth star. It is because the car wasn't allowed to have the optional AEB system included that there were points taken off. If you think about it, If it is that important to someone, they can always elect to purchase the option.

The current 5 star rating is very different than what it was prior to 2014. It is not comparable. In essence, the new 4 star rating is the roughly equivalent to the old five star rating.

NCAP picks and chooses what safety options are allowed to be included in their assessment based on certain criteria they came up with. The Golf Sportsvan was allowed to have their optional AEB system included, while Fiat wasn't. It doesn't seem fair regardless of the reason given in the story. All the safety systems should be included when a car is being tested for SAFETY! The current NCAP set-up seems to favor more expensive and out of reach cars.

Reading through the rules, it looks like Fiat can have it re-evaluated if it rearranges some of its option packages. I guess we'll see what happens.

neubauerjoseph
04-25-2015, 07:03 PM
t
Thanks for the info. I think that safety boards are in just because vw and more expensive brands have more safety features. I would like to see more fairness and maybe a report of the findings. When I bought the 2012 fiat 500 sport in 2011, the car had hill assist which the Ford Focus didn't feature that. So I think that so far the fiat cars are pretty safe.

Andree
04-26-2015, 01:15 AM
I think Fiat should put all the safety features on all the cars. Period.

Raise the price accordingly.

People need the safer cars.

Think of the things we have now that help, seat belts, air bags. I don't want to save money on an entry level trim, without those features. Why should it be anything else but the safety on all cars?

And why should the safety features require all the rest of the options? They shouldn't. No one should have to spend the money on wheels or sunroofs or fancy interiors, JUST to get a safer car.

It's like saying "You're not worth it". Remember the hair color ad, their main tagline is "because you're worth it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DHRFuCEwA

Everyone's life is worth it. Put those safety things on every car. Become the car known for safety. Save all the lives, not just the ones of the people who have a little more money.

janaheim
04-26-2015, 11:04 PM
As usual, your observations are spot on! It's outrageous that car manufacturers force us into buying expensive packages, just to get the latest safety features. It shouldn't be so. Anyway let's hope the 500X does well in the American crash tests.

John

I think Fiat should put all the safety features on all the cars. Period.

Raise the price accordingly.

People need the safer cars.

Think of the things we have now that help, seat belts, air bags. I don't want to save money on an entry level trim, without those features. Why should it be anything else but the safety on all cars?

And why should the safety features require all the rest of the options? They shouldn't. No one should have to spend the money on wheels or sunroofs or fancy interiors, JUST to get a safer car.

It's like saying "You're not worth it". Remember the hair color ad, their main tagline is "because you're worth it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6DHRFuCEwA

Everyone's life is worth it. Put those safety things on every car. Become the car known for safety. Save all the lives, not just the ones of the people who have a little more money.