PDA

View Full Version : front brake pad sensor

pureflipking
04-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Hey guys, i just installed a Tarox pads form 500 Madness, and the pads came with a sensor wire but nowhere to connect the wire. Does the abarth come with a brake pad sensor at all or is it just my abarth that didnt come with it?
The factory pads didnt have wires on em at all when i removed em, and luckily i keep up with regular maintenance at the studio.. they told me that my factory pads were on a dangerously low level. I didnt know cause as it seems that the pads didnt even come with a low wear metal indicator either.

anyways, as initially stated, does the abarth come with a brake pad sensor to connect the Tarox pads to?

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, i just installed a Tarox pads form 500 Madness, and the pads came with a sensor wire but nowhere to connect the wire. Does the abarth come with a brake pad sensor at all or is it just my abarth that didnt come with it?
The factory pads didnt have wires on em at all when i removed em, and luckily i keep up with regular maintenance at the studio.. they told me that my factory pads were on a dangerously low level. I didnt know cause as it seems that the pads didnt even come with a low wear metal indicator either.

anyways, as initially stated, does the abarth come with a brake pad sensor to connect the Tarox pads to?

My EBC Red Stuff Front Pads do not have this sensor wire or pad sensor.

MADNESS Mark
04-21-2015, 01:45 PM
The European model of the Abarth comes with a brake wear monitoring system, and that's what those wires are for. Since there is no difference between the NA and the EU brake calipers that is why Tarox keeps the wiring on for all the pads. If you have an NA model you can just snip those off, as they are of no use to you.

pureflipking
04-28-2015, 12:50 PM
The European model of the Abarth comes with a brake wear monitoring system, and that's what those wires are for. Since there is no difference between the NA and the EU brake calipers that is why Tarox keeps the wiring on for all the pads. If you have an NA model you can just snip those off, as they are of no use to you.

well that sucks not knowing when pads needs replacing again

Tweak
04-28-2015, 11:41 PM

When you stop stopping...you already needed new pads. :D

msjulie33
04-29-2015, 09:50 AM

Please don't take this wrong but - if the tires are rotated on a proper schedule, it's easy to have a look. Sorry, I'm old school - I like to do the oil changes myself as it "forces" me to do an inventory of the general condition of the car. The Studio, in theory, is doing that as well on regular service intervals...

jguerdat
04-30-2015, 08:28 AM
Electronic sensors also add cost to the pad replacement if you wait for the light to turn on before replacing pads. Our M-B C230 wore out the fronts just before the lease expired so I had to replace both the pads as well as the sensor.

I'll take visual inspection or squealing tab anytime...