PDA

View Full Version : Need some info about a 500T

DiscoBiscuit
04-20-2015, 11:28 PM
My buddy is needing a new car. He's found a New '15 500T 5spd under 16k. What will he be giving up against an Abarth?

Not just power, that can be fixed with parts and a tune, but brakes, suspension etc etc. I know the seats are different, but thats about it. Thanks in advance, we are waking and booking it south at 8am, hope to have a nrew fiat by 11am. :D

FTY
04-20-2015, 11:38 PM
Suspension:

-Different Springs
-Different Shocks
-No rear Torsion bar (sans bracket)

Brakes:

-Same as Abarth

Engine:

-Same Hardware/Different Software (Tune)
-Cannot fully turn off ESC (not that you can truly turn it completely off in the Abarth but doesn't have the second ESC off staging)

Interior/Exterior:

-No Abarth Badges
-Sport Steering Wheel
-Sport Seats
-No Abarth Wheels

Excellent bang for the buck, I say go for it!

DiscoBiscuit
04-21-2015, 12:10 AM
Suspension:

-Different Springs
-Different Shocks
-No rear Torsion bar (sans bracket)

Brakes:

-Same as Abarth

Engine:

-Same Hardware/Different Software (Tune)
-Cannot fully turn off ESC (not that you can truly turn it completely off in the Abarth but doesn't have the second ESC off staging)

Interior/Exterior:

-No Abarth Badges
-Sport Steering Wheel
-Sport Seats
-No Abarth Wheels

Excellent bang for the buck, I say go for it!

We're going for it. Sub 16k for a new turbo car, we would be stupid to pass, plus @ 16k, it'll help with the payments. Plus we'll have a home for my Abarth take off parts. Thanks for the run down!

jguerdat
04-21-2015, 07:47 AM

Not to hijack the thread but I had always read that the 7 second ESC push TOTALLY disabled all nannies in the Abarth. What remains?

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 09:30 AM
Not to hijack the thread but I had always read that the 7 second ESC push TOTALLY disabled all nannies in the Abarth. What remains?

ABS Remains Full Active

If you want to turn everything FULL OFF, including ABS, cut power to the Bosch Yaw Sensor located below the Floor Console.

opiateESP
04-21-2015, 12:26 PM
ABS Remains Full Active

If you want to turn everything FULL OFF, including ABS, cut power to the Bosch Yaw Sensor located below the Floor Console.

Tried that. Car had a fit. Do you have any other suggestions on how to make that work?

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 12:59 PM
Tried that. Car had a fit. Do you have any other suggestions on how to make that work?

Define "Fit"... your Instrument Cluster will light up like a Christmas Tree, and all Electronic Nannies will truly be disabled.... Define "Fit".

opiateESP
04-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Define "Fit"... your Instrument Cluster will light up like a Christmas Tree, and all Electronic Nannies will truly be disabled.... Define "Fit".

As in the car was not drivable. Wouldn't start.

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 01:38 PM

I'm "researching" information... gimme a day or two.

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 02:51 PM

What did you modify on the Bosch Yaw Sensor? Unplug it? Cut the Power Wire? Which Wire did you cut?

opiateESP
04-21-2015, 03:02 PM
What did you modify on the Bosch Yaw Sensor? Unplug it? Cut the Power Wire? Which Wire did you cut?

Unplugged which I'm guessing means the ECU couldn't run its vin check but I didn't see cutting power doing any better. Also pulled the fuse to just cut power.

BigDaddySRT
04-21-2015, 03:25 PM
Unplugged which I'm guessing means the ECU couldn't run its vin check but I didn't see cutting power doing any better. Also pulled the fuse to just cut power.

Further "research"... the 500T cannot fault the ESC System Full OFF. It all has to do with Suspension Tuning and Roll Over Problems.
The ESC Calibrations are stored within the PCM, and the Studios/ Techs cannot alter that. It's based on the original Car Configuration.

If you want to Turn FULL OFF the ESC System nannies, then you will need to pull the ABS Pump Fuses.
But, you will loose ABS Function, you will begin flat spotting tires and dramatically increase the chance of over rotation due to braking.

I've been heavily warned to buy an ABARTH or SRT... luckily, that warning doesn't apply to me though.

opiateESP
04-21-2015, 05:17 PM
Further "research"... the 500T cannot fault the ESC System Full OFF. It all has to do with Suspension Tuning and Roll Over Problems.
The ESC Calibrations are stored within the PCM, and the Studios/ Techs cannot alter that. It's based on the original Car Configuration.

If you want to Turn FULL OFF the ESC System nannies, then you will need to pull the ABS Pump Fuses.
But, you will loose ABS Function, you will begin flat spotting tires and dramatically increase the chance of over rotation due to braking.

I've been heavily warned to buy an ABARTH or SRT... luckily, that warning doesn't apply to me though.

Meh... no big deal. I'll just buy an LSD. That'll do.

BigDaddySRT
04-22-2015, 08:04 AM
Meh... no big deal. I'll just buy an LSD. That'll do.

Hopefully you will also replace the entire suspension and at least upgrade to the ABARTH Set Up.

opiateESP
04-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Hopefully you will also replace the entire suspension and at least upgrade to the ABARTH Set Up.

I'll go with coilovers at that point. Not my first ball game. :)