PDA

View Full Version : Nue-F short throw kit and GFB DV...MUST DO MODS IMO!!!

Klasse Act
04-13-2015, 10:01 AM
I had these 2 parts installed yesterday by my buddy Hectour while I detailed his 79' RX-7 for the upcoming Rotary Rally down on the Dragon this coming weekend. The GFB DV took him 45 minutes and he said the install was straight forward. The car just feels much, much better after this, boost stays up instead of dropping down. This is also an upgrade due to metal internals instead of the plastic bits that come in the OEM unit. Cost for this mod, $130 shipped, can't beat that for that it does for your car!

Then my buddy turned his attention to the Nue-F short throw kit and let me you this, right here, right now....GET THIS DONE, TODAY, OR YESTERDAY IF POSSIBLE!!! It feels like a different car, seriously! Much more direct feeling, sure of itself and the reduced throw is noticeable right away. If your a guy who doesn't care about more performance, get this done because it improves your driving experience every single time you drive, think about it. This part took my buddy about an hour to install and again, he said it was straight forward. Cost for this part, $118 shipped!

When you consider the price of both of these mods, $250 or so, you can't go wrong. I should also mention that 500 Madness just came out with a short throw kit of their own, even mentioned the Neu-F unit as being great as well, very "Klassy" of them if I do say so myself.

Can't wait to jump in my car and head to work this afternoon!

Trunkout
04-13-2015, 10:18 AM
good call! I'm going forge BO plate and Madness shift adaptor! under $200!

doverosx
04-13-2015, 03:45 PM
I had these 2 parts installed yesterday by my buddy Hectour while I detailed his 79' RX-7 for the upcoming Rotary Rally down on the Dragon this coming weekend. The GFB DV took him 45 minutes and he said the install was straight forward. The car just feels much, much better after this, boost stays up instead of dropping down. This is also an upgrade due to metal internals instead of the plastic bits that come in the OEM unit. Cost for this mod, $130 shipped, can't beat that for that it does for your car!

Then my buddy turned his attention to the Nue-F short throw kit and let me you this, right here, right now....GET THIS DONE, TODAY, OR YESTERDAY IF POSSIBLE!!! It feels like a different car, seriously! Much more direct feeling, sure of itself and the reduced throw is noticeable right away. If your a guy who doesn't care about more performance, get this done because it improves your driving experience every single time you drive, think about it. This part took my buddy about an hour to install and again, he said it was straight forward. Cost for this part, $118 shipped!

When you consider the price of both of these mods, $250 or so, you can't go wrong. I should also mention that 500 Madness just came out with a short throw kit of their own, even mentioned the Neu-F unit as being great as well, very "Klassy" of them if I do say so myself.

Can't wait to jump in my car and head to work this afternoon!

Agreed 100%. As soon as I finished my first week of DD with the GFB DV installed, I started trying to post everywhere I could. I was shocked that what people were saying really lined up with what the GFB DV had done to the car; they weren't exaggerating at all. If you're even considering it, just hit add to cart and call it a day.

I think the toughest part was determining who to buy from, I went with EC. Thanks for the post Klasse, I might do the NeuF in the very near future after I get my RS3s installed.

DVT
04-13-2015, 04:36 PM
I just installed the Neu-F short shift kit and a Cravenspeed shift knob this weekend. As your buddy said, the install is very straightforward. There's a great Youtube video that shows the entire install and proved really helpful for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpSZVi0vaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hpSZVi0vaY

I love the shortened throws and tightened feel with the Neu-F adapter. There's no more slop in the shift action, which I really despised. I did put some white lithium grease on the Neu-F ball joint and the shift cables, since there have been reports of modded shifters sometimes binding up after a while.

As for the GFB DV+, I have that sitting in my closet now. I'm waiting out an upcoming Fiat service visit and oil change before I swap in the DV+. But I'm excited to see how it affects the performance of the car.

Klasse Act
04-13-2015, 09:55 PM
DVT, no need to wait as you can barely see it in there, you'd have to be looking for this mod, no worries. My buddy did lube up the assembly where needed, he's very particular about these things as he's done them on his previous rides. That said, its good to pass along the need to apply some lube, it will help someone out.