PDA

View Full Version : Kumho ecsta

Nobarth
04-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Thinking of trying the Kumho Ecsta AST in 215 40 17 but I'm a little squeamish never having tried Kumho before. Anyone have experience with this particular tire? I want A/S to avoid extra wheels/tires but the choices are few in 215 and I'm gambling on it not rubbing (stock suspension).

Any response greatly appreciated.

msjulie33
04-11-2015, 06:11 PM
I ran them on my Audi TT some years back so probably not the exact same tire as this; it was a good performer for the price though and I had more than one set over the life of the car.

Haring
04-11-2015, 06:49 PM
I bought them last year for my summer tires. They wore as quickly as my stock pirelli did and werent the greatest in the rain. I just installed the Coopers and love them. They really proved themselves on the Dragon this weekend.

Trunkout
04-11-2015, 07:45 PM
LOVE mine! Excellent all around mix and VERY predictable in all weather. I'm actually torn between those and Cooper Zeon as my next set!

B3NN3TT
04-12-2015, 08:01 AM
I've run Kumho Ecsta ASX on my SVT Focus pretty much ever since I bought it. Those have worn very well in my experience, and offer unbeatable performance per dollar. Pretty sure they are being superseded now by the Ecsta 4X; I think the AST's are kind of the bargain brand.

I just wore through a set of Kumho Ecsta LE Sports on my Roush; got 20,000 miles out of a 260-treadwear summer-only tire with 2 full seasons of autocross, which I think is pretty exceptional.

I'm a big fan of Kumho tires.

I just installed a set of Cooper Zeon RS-A on the Roush for daily driver duty, and so far so good.

pk9394
04-12-2015, 03:44 PM
I have Kumho Ecsta LE Sport 215/40-17 love them. so far i had about 10k on them still look new

Tweak
04-13-2015, 10:21 PM
I bought them last year for my summer tires. They wore as quickly as my stock pirelli did and werent the greatest in the rain. I just installed the Coopers and love them. They really proved themselves on the Dragon this weekend.

Same here for me as Haring stated. Rain they were only okay and once they were around 12-15K or so they were really bad in rain...and they wore out in about that much time like the Pirelli offering. The only different part of my reply is I too hit the Dragon and let out plenty of smoke from my tires during a lot of back to back 4 wheel slides on switchbacks. The Michelin A/S 3's were amazing in wet and dry and spotman was riding along for the most aggressive portion and was pretty much convinced what tires he wants next! I'm not 100% certain but I think I was a bit more aggressive than Haring in the abuse I dished out to my tires but there were so many of us (100+) I can't be positive.