PDA

View Full Version : Pot Holes Suck

jjc1957
03-31-2015, 08:46 PM
I was driving home from work on the highway yesterday passing a truck at around 80 MPH and when I was going over one lane to the right I hit a pot hole. It took out the new 17" Competizione rim with a 3" flat spot. I tried banging it out when I got home but it didn't move much so I ordered a new rim today. I put the stock tires and rims back on and should have the new rim Monday.

Antomero
03-31-2015, 09:01 PM
That really sucks.

Tiny Turbo
03-31-2015, 10:05 PM
Potholes are scary! They will definitely throw this little car in another direction, have to be ready. Roads here suck and I've pretty much memorized where all of them are on my way to work.
Sorry you lost a rim from that, ouch.

pureflipking
04-21-2015, 01:14 PM
i live in Ca, and LA county is pothole heaven so i too hate potholes and ive had experiences with bent rims with my old car. But i am happy about the abarth 17's. ive hit several potholes hard ( somehow they just come out of nowhere) and luckily enough, not even a tiny bend. im actually more concerned about the control arms taking the impact than the wheels.

jjc1957
04-21-2015, 02:07 PM
New rim and tire are on but I found another flat spot on another rim. No as bad but I can feel a bounce from the rear rim. $120.00 to fix the rim, $180.00 for a new rim. So far that pot hole has cost about $400

Abarth Five O
04-21-2015, 02:15 PM
Make a claim against the municipality responsible for maintaining the road. Take pics of the pothole, damage, etc. make police report and file a written report to the responsible dept. It may take a while but you may able to recover a portion or all of your loss.

Haring
04-21-2015, 02:31 PM
My dealership just ordered me two new Competizione wheels under their wheel warranty because mine had flat spots. I've hit hundreds of potholes but must have hit one during the Dragon weekend. Otherwise when NTB put on my new tires on a couple weeks before that they didn't notice.