PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Club of America - Kansas City Chapter

Lil Blue
03-29-2015, 07:08 AM
As the new thread suggests, we are now an official chapter of Fiat Club of America. We have found leader who is not only passionate about the brand (so much so that when a gentleman brought his 79 (I think) Fiat Spider to the March Fiats and Espressos, She and her husband found a '75 Spider for sale on line for 750 I think and bought it that day. She plans on doing the restoration herself and should take about a year or so), she's amazingly good at organizing and handling club stuff. Still using the face book page..but most of our club activities and events are being done on our group page (which is kcfiatowners.com) which we find is easier and more efficient for communication and sharing of activities.

Also, we have a website that's still a work in progress, but has a calendar of events ( http://www.kcfiatowners.com/ ), and we are hoping to have a forum on it in the near future.

Logos had to be changed to reflect being a chapter of Fiat Club of America, but as we take these steps to be a part of a bigger community, we are excited to see the continued growth, and look forward what the future holds. This year alone we have various thing planned..several car shows..one of which includes a poker run. A meet up with the St Louis club, a pot luck picnic with a fun run afterwards..etc. Also...we have a standing meeting the 3rd Sunday of every month at 11am at The Pirate's Bone which is a coffee house in Brookside (a neighborhood in KC MO for those that didn't know), and we're working with Northtowne Alfa Romeo Fiat about them becoming a sponsor for the club (I think they're already working with the local Alfa club).

This is a new beginning...and we're about the love of, and enthusiasm for, the brand, so all our sites/pages are about being up beat and positive..so hateful and argumentative behavior won't be tolerated. If there's something you don't like...and feel a need to say so..at least try to be positive and constructive about it.

That's it...going back to just reading the forums. See everyone at the Dragon in a couple of weeks.

Lil Blue
03-29-2015, 07:35 AM
oh..and on a side note...Tara..our leader...has done an awesome job, and has put in a tremendous amount of work putting all this together. She deserves a huge shout out. If it wasn't for her I don't think any of this would have happened. I just wish she didn't demand us referring to her as "Your Empress" when talking to her. :P

Trunkout
03-29-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm in Grain Valley. I subbed on your site. THANKS!

Lil Blue
03-30-2015, 07:11 AM
welcome to the family. If you haven't done so, and if you do Facebook, make sure you join our FB group. We have a lot of activities planned coming up, and more in the works, and we do most of our sharing of them on there. Look forward to meeting you at one of our up coming events.

Lil Blue
04-05-2015, 04:00 AM
A lot was covered and accomplished at yesterday's meeting. Tara gave out club "business cards" to people to hand to folks we meet in the wild driving a Fiat to let them know about our club, and FIAT Club America. Northtowne Alfa Romeo FIAT of Kansas City gave us a bag of goodies to include in our new members welcoming packet, and said they're working on getting deals through the Studio exclusive to club members. Upcoming events and/or cruises were covered, and there's a lot going on coming up. The President of the Alfa Romeo club was there also (who also owns a Fiat) and wants to do a cruise with the Alfas and Fiats. Lots coming up..and lots in the works...so make sure you check our calendar of events on our website, or get on our e-mail listing to stay up to date.

Trunkout
04-05-2015, 11:23 AM
wish I made it! glad to hear Northtowne coming full force! great dealership! good to know there is a chapter in KC.... just bought my Abarth 3 weeks ago!

Abarth67
04-06-2015, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the club. I have been a member of FIAT Club America aka FLU for many years. Great people and great times! FIAT Club America is generously supporting the FIAT on the Dragon as well. This event is becoming a tradition for the newer FIATs and is looking good. We also warmly welcome the vintage FIATs!

Lil Blue
04-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the club. I have been a member of FIAT Club America aka FLU for many years. Great people and great times! FIAT Club America is generously supporting the FIAT on the Dragon as well. This event is becoming a tradition for the newer FIATs and is looking good. We also warmly welcome the vintage FIATs!

We're leaving for the Dragon tomorrow around midnight or so. Hoping I can rack out right after work. Wife works late, so we'll load up when she gets home...and sleep on the way out. I'm sure I'll just crash once we're at the Tally Ho Inn. Only one from the club going..most of them are going to the SCCA race Sunday.

Lil Blue
04-16-2015, 06:35 AM
Just a reminder that this Sunday is our monthly Fiats and Espressos meet-up at The Pirate's Bone ( http://www.piratesbonecoffee.com/ ) from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm at 645 E 59th St Kansas City MO.

Lil Blue
04-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Due to an emergency at The Pirate's Bone that just came up last night, we had to change the location of today's Fiats and Espressos to Groundhouse Coffee at 103 S. Elm St, Gardner KS. http://www.groundhousecoffee.com/ Zaid apologizes and tried to get the issue fixed so we wouldn't have to move, but couldn't...but promises to make it up to us.

Lil Blue
04-28-2015, 06:34 PM
No real club things planned for this weekend, but some of us may be heading to Springfield MO for the Cars and Coffee there to give fellow Fiat owner/enthusiast Dagan some support so he's not the lone car with style in a sea of American Muscle cars and trucks. It's from 10-1, and afterwards we're looking at doing a run to Peel's Ferry Arkansas, then back up to Branson for dinner. Should be a fun filled and full day. It's being held at Country Girls Espresso (2671 E. Sunshine St. Springfield, MO). We're meeting at Sam's Club 3660 E Sunshine St, Springfield, MO at 9am so we can all enter the event together. And the Peel's Ferry run will be https://www.google.com/maps/dir/2671+E+Sunshine+St,+Springfield,+MO+65804/Peel+Ferry,+12686+Arkansas+125,+Peel,+AR+72668/Branson,+MO/@37.0583163,-93.104895,11z/data=!4m30!4m29!1m15!1m1!1s0x87cf7cbc66fc8029:0x73 4d7bb57a4f3bf5!2m2!1d-93.242198!2d37.181236!3m4!1m2!1d-93.1194966!2d37.1103473!3s0x87cf78404371f887:0x4e9 f5157144025e5!3m4!1m2!1d-92.8906885!2d36.7584786!3s0x87cfba63bf8d2411:0xa7c b6ce67f253fa8!1m5!1m1!1s0x87ce49e1875f1c91:0xf6d2d 1828e414d74!2m2!1d-92.780228!2d36.49225!1m5!1m1!1s0x87cf01e9c1f60ea9: 0xf3370960da92ac34!2m2!1d-93.2185144!2d36.6436731!3e0

Lil Blue
05-11-2015, 06:30 AM
This month's Fiats and Espressos is on the same Sunday as the SCCA's Solo Event, so we're moving the meet and greet to where SCCA has their races this month. It starts at 10am, and the racing goes until 6pm. The address is 21221 East 78 Highway, Independence, MO. Chris and Tara are offering ride alongs for when they're racing...but seating is obviously limited

Lil Blue
05-22-2015, 04:22 AM
No plans for the club this weekend, but we have the Italian car Show at Zona Rosa a week from Sunday. I'll post where we're going to meet up later next week when we get it worked out. Also, Coffee and Cars in Springfield the 1st Saturday in June.

Lil Blue
05-28-2015, 06:22 AM
Reminder about this Sunday's adventure! Let's all plan to meet in the parking lot for Old Navy around 10:45-11:15 to head over and park together at the show. See you guys Sunday!
(Map if you need it, Old Navy is C36 on here, the brown colored area...upper right hand side of that section:

Lil Blue
06-01-2015, 06:45 PM
We had 16 Fiats at the Italian Car Show yesterday, so a good turn out. The next thing coming up isn't a club event, but something to do this coming Saturday. It's the Cars and Coffee in Springfield, MO. We're meeting at 9am (ish) at the Sam's Club at 3660 E Sunshine St, Springfield MO. Head over to park around 930 (ish). This will give us time to "spruce up" our cars beforehand. Not doing the Peel's Ferry run afterwards, but they're doing a short cruise if you want to join in.

Lil Blue
06-16-2015, 06:31 PM
Two things going on this weekend. On Saturday we're going over to welcome the new Fiat dealership (Overland Park Fiat on Metcalf) into the family. We're meeting at the Burger King on 7530 Metcalf, Overland Park at 11am, then head out as a group around 11:15 or so. May do something afterwards...we'll discuss it then. Sunday is our Fiats and Espressos meet and greet at The Pirates Bone coffee house at 645 E. 59th St KC MO at 11am. Bring your favorite coffee mug.

Lil Blue
06-27-2015, 06:34 AM
Just wanted to share our experience with the new Overland Park Fiat meeting we had last week. Studio Manager John Ford gave us a tour of the new facility (at which time we presented him with a "money tree" in the hopes it will bring them good fortune and prosperity), and you could tell by his enthusiasm he was excited about the opportunity to sell these little Italian jems as we are to own them. He was impressed by the mods done by some of the club members, and listened intently when others talked about further mods. They have a dedicated service bay ran by Service Manager Brian Everhart also seemed excited about the opportunity to work on these cars, and is as excited as I am about the Spider coming out. The lot is about the same size as the other "place" (stretches to the back), may be a bit smaller, but hard to tell with a job trailer and a large dumpster plus other construction stuff taking up part of the lot to get a true perspective. At least they're on a main road and not tucked onto a back lot barely visible from the highway. Granted this may be the "honeymoon" phase, but Mr Ford seems to want to make up for the reputation of "bad service" other Studios have gotten around the country, and seems to understand that these are more than just cars to us. He invited us to be a part of the grand opening in August, with dedicated spots for club members. All in all, it was a good meeting.

Lil Blue
07-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Our illustrious leader is working on a dinner meet and greet either this weekend or next. Not a car show or cruise, just dinner and hanging out afterwards. Will post more info when it comes available. Also, we have our Fiats and Espressos at The Pirate's Bone Coffee House on E. 59th St in KCMO this Sunday from 10:30-12:30. Sounds like Tara may have some club t-shirts available for sale also.

Lil Blue
07-14-2015, 07:01 PM
Dinner/night out info is we're having it this Saturday at 8pm at the Fred P. Otts at 110th and Metcalf in Overland Park, KS.

Lil Blue
07-20-2015, 06:42 AM
Good turn out at yesterday's Fiats and Espressos at Pirate's Bone coffee house. Most of us brought our own mugs, and Tara brought in the new club t-shirts.

Lil Blue
07-20-2015, 06:05 PM
We're doing an event in October and we're shooting for a really good turn out. We've been invited to do an event called Art of the Machine as a Fiat club. Wanting to see if our further away friends might be interested, and if there's enough interest, we can do a 2 day event with a short cruise and dinner on Saturday, and this on Sunday. I can look into finding a hotel that offers a group rate. Please let us know if you're interested.
Please see the details below provided directly by the coordinator of the Art of the Machine.
I have your club down for October 11th. The event starts at 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., we like all the cars to be in the market by then. Some clubs opt to drive in as a group so meet in the parking lot at 3rd and Grand, this works out pretty good. Your club members will enter through the back gate at the corner of 3rd and Walnut and park your cars around the covered farmers shed located on the north side of the market. We do not allow cars to drive in and out of the market for safety reasons so we discourage club members from leaving early. We do not allow grills or alcoholic beverages and dogs are not allowed on the property unless they are a service dog.
Link the River Market Event page with more information.
http://thecitymarket.org/evenů/art-of-the-machine-car-series

Lil Blue
07-26-2015, 08:25 PM
Just an update that our next official club event is Hot Alma Nights about 20 miles west of Topeka. We were very well received last year being our 1st time there. We're meeting there at around 10am so we can all park together, and are hoping some classic Fiats will be in attendance. You have until August 1st to preregister for $8. It's a great car show for a small town, and plenty of shops to browse in (and enjoy the air conditioning). Message me on here, or contact us on either facebook, or through our website if you wish to attend and want to meet up, or just want further info. http://www.hotalmanights.com/

We're also always doing impromptu meet ups, and various car shows/cars and coffee's. We also have 2 fun runs in the works. One in the beginning of September, Labor Day weekend I believe, and one the 1st Saturday of October...a Route 66 run which we're doing after Coffee and Cars in Springfield MO.

Lil Blue
08-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Our meet up point is a park in Alma on the north side at 11am. When you get off of I-70 at hwy 99, head south (left), then when the road turns west (right), there's a small "park" on the right hand side (basically a pull over with a couple of picnic tables). We'll head out around 11:45 to park. Registration is $10, and is at 2pm (though I think you can register earlier). I'm hoping to get spots that have shade, and a place to set up the gazebo, plus to be able to watch the cars come in from the cruise (they had 400 cars last year I think). Things to bring is a lawn chair, water (I'll have a cooler with a 24 pack of bottled water just in case), and lunch/snacks if you don't want to spend money at the food booths. There's 3 antique shops, a few others stores, a pizza place, burger place..etc if you want to get some air conditioning. If you're bringing a classic Fiat, and want to bring it on a trailer instead, there's a place on the south side of town people were parking and unloading their cars at last year. Be prepared to talk a lot about your bambino (especially if you're modded), explain the racing heritage of Fiat and Abarths, meet a lot of really nice people...and see a lot of really nice cars. -Ian http://www.hotalmanights.com/

Lil Blue
08-11-2015, 06:02 PM
This was posted on the main Hot Alma Nights FB page. We're still meeting at 11am so we can park together as a club. But here's what they have planned...looks like the pool will be open also.
And we are counting down.......Hot Alma Nights is this Saturday, August 15, rain or shine! Here are the fun facts:
11AM Scott Berroth Memorial Cruise
Noon Food vendors open
2PM Car registration begins
Military vehicles on display
3PM vendors open in the park
4-8PM 7th annual Hot Alma Nights begins
4:30PM Dance Spot dancers perform
6PM Military Band performs in the park
9PM After party/dance at DJ's featuring Burning Sky
Food-
Come hungry as you will find BBQ, smoked meats, hot dogs, pizza, beirocks, snow cones, homemade ice cream, funnel cakes and more
Vendors-
Dresses, purses, food, jewelry, nails, collegiate collectibles, and more
Kids-
Wabam face painting, JC Bounce House and more. The Alma City Pool will also be open.
After party is from 9pm-1am featuring Burning Sky. $5 cover charge with proceeds going to Relay For Life of Wabaunsee County. A percentage of bar proceeds is also donated.
For more information and complete lists of all vendors please visit our website at www.hotalmanights.com. All proceeds from this event go to Relay For Life of Wabaunsee County.

huauqui
08-15-2015, 08:57 AM
Have a great time today guys and gals. Wish I could slip down to Topeka today to meet you all just isn't in the cards. Looks like lots of sun and heat so remember the water.

huauqui

Lil Blue
09-07-2015, 02:33 PM
This is the annual Maysville Harvest Parade which Frank Schutzwohl said we've been asked back to (he is without internet service currently and asked me to create the event). With only 4 cars last year..we were pretty popular, with 2 taking prizes for 2nd and 3 place. Meeting at the out building at 11, line up is at noon I believe, and parade starts at 1pm. Bring lots of candy to throw. This is a good parade to show off your car, and "play the song of our people". Frank also said that afterwards he would put together a cruise to either Weston, or to a couple of the local wineries if people wanted to.

The address to the high school is 601 W Main St, Maysville MO (Maysville High School)

Lil Blue
09-14-2015, 08:17 PM
If you're going to Overland Park Fiat's grand Opening tomorrow and haven't RSVP'de them yet...here's the link to do so. http://www.fiattourofitaly.com/

Lil Blue
09-17-2015, 06:41 PM
Don't forget...parade in Maysville MO this Saturday, and Fiats and Espressos this Sunday at 10:30am at The Pirate's Bone Coffee House in KC MO

Lil Blue
09-19-2015, 07:49 PM
Some pictures from today's parade. We took 1st place for clubs. More pics and video on our club Facebook page.

streetsurfer
09-20-2015, 12:32 PM
Hey, congratulation!

Lil Blue
10-04-2015, 10:02 AM
A couple of things coming up. 1st is our club (and our Fiats) are the feature car club for River Market's Art of the Machine this coming Sunday. Bring out your bambino, classic or new, to show off (we've also invited the local Alfa Romeo club to participate since we're all one big family). Some club members are donating prizes for a raffle we'll be doing for all participants. Please see the details below provided directly by the coordinator of the Art of the Machine.

I have your club down for October 11th. The event starts at 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., we like all the cars to be in the market by then. Some clubs opt to drive in as a group so meet in the parking lot at 3rd and Grand, this works out pretty good. Your club members will enter through the back gate at the corner of 3rd and Walnut and park your cars around the covered farmers shed located on the north side of the market. We do not allow cars to drive in and out of the market for safety reasons so we discourage club members from leaving early. We do not allow grills or alcoholic beverages and dogs are not allowed on the property unless they are a service dog.

Link the River Market Event page with more information.
http://thecitymarket.org/events/art-...ine-car-series

Secondly is our Fiats and Espressos has been moved to a different location and date (Thursday Oct 15th) since Zaid is closing The Pirate's Bone to have a booth at Baldwin City's Maple Leaf Festival that weekend. We're moving our monthly coffee to dinner time on a Thursday night! Meet up around 7pm at 4Seasons Pizza in Lenexa. Go check out the website, we left our mark the first time we were there!

Show up whenever you guys want, last time we stayed til like 9... so late comers will still be fine. Bring your appetite, they have yummy pizza and pasta!

http://www.4seasonspizzapasta.com/

Lil Blue
11-03-2015, 06:45 AM
Just to keep everyone in the loop..We're currently working on an event for the end of April (dates to be determined) called Fiats on The Pig Trail and Push Mountain in Arkansas. We're opening it up to other clubs (some Dallas club members have shown interest..and I shared it with the CC5C club up north in Wisconsin) to make it a small mid west event. I'll be booking 20 rooms in a few weeks to get the cheaper off season rate, plus it sounds like we'll get an additional 10% off for a group rate. This will be more about scenic cruises that can be fun (Push mountain is 30 miles roughly that covers 3 mountains with lots of curves and elevation changes). I'm keeping this small to see how it goes, what works and what doesn't, and see how much interest there is in something like this in the midwest. I'll post details once I get everything finalized..so stay tuned.

*side note....I want to give a nod to the folks that put on Fiat on the Dragon for being our inspiration, and from who I'm taking cues from on what to do as we plan this. They do an awesome job and I can only hope we can do as well in the planning process.

Lil Blue
12-03-2015, 07:42 PM
Our monthly meet and greet Fiats and Espressos is Sunday, December 20th at 10:30 am. At the Pirate's Bone coffee house. 645 E. 59th Street. Kansas City, MO. Come on out and meet some fellow Fiat enthusiasts and enjoy some awesome pan roasted coffee at what's become our "club house". -Ian

Lil Blue
01-16-2016, 06:05 AM
Almost forgot...this Sunday is our Fiats and Espressos meet and greet at the Pirate's Bone coffee house. 10:30 am until when ever.

Lil Blue
02-13-2016, 09:23 AM
Our monthly meet and greet at our favorite "club house" the Pirate's Bone at 645 E 59th Street Kansas City, MO 64110. Sunday Feb. 21st at 10:30am

Lil Blue
05-09-2016, 05:33 PM
Our monthly meet and greet at our favorite "club house" the Pirate's Bone at 645 E 59th Street Kansas City, MO 64110. This Sunday May 15th. We'll also be discussing where and when we're going to meet up for the Italian Car Show at Zona Rosa Sunday June 5th from noon to 3pm. Here's the information Gino has shared so far (the raffle is new this year)
"Raffle of the $549 value Ferrari or Lamborghini Car Control Experience is now live!
1) Purchase raffle tickets online with credit card at https://zpHrJM.accelevents.com/raffles/ or by credit card or cash at the show through one of our volunteers. $5 per ticket; 5 for $20.
2) Respond to the text message you receive with the raffle item's three letter code (MIP) and number of tickets. Example: MIP5
Winner announced at end of show (3pm).
REMINDER: The fifth annual Italian motorsports show (Motori in Piazza) will be held on Sunday, June 5, Noon to 3pm, as part of Festa Italiana at Zona Rosa. No entrance fee and no fee or required registration to display vehicles. More info for those wishing to display their vehicles is in the flyer. Event sponsored by Aristocrat Motors and supported by the local car, motorcycle and scooter enthusiast clubs, including Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, Ducati and Vespa.
NEW THIS YEAR: You've seen the cars now win an opportunity to drive one! Ferrari 360 Modena, Ferrari F430 or Lamborghini Gallardo. Purchase a raffle ticket at the show. $5 per ticket or 5 tickets for $20. Winner receives a certificate for the 3-lap Autocross Car Control Experience, in either St. Louis or Kansas City. $549 value. More Info: www.motorsportlab.com/autocross-car-control/. Must be 21 and have valid driver's license, major credit card (for incidentals), and proof of insurance. Must reserve by 7/10/16 and use by 7/17/16."

Lil Blue
05-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Nice little turn out today at The Pirate's Bone. Took up all the spots out front, and a couple more Fiats around the corner (plus a Mini Cooper that joined us). A couple of things we talked about are not only what time we're going to meet at Zona Rosa for the Italian Car Show June 5th (at 10:30am) so we can all go in together, but we're planning a cookout and cruise on the Sunday on Memorial Day weekend. A member is offering up his smoker to cook for us.

Lil Blue
05-23-2016, 07:45 PM
So here's the details on this Sunday's cruise/cook out. Club member Andrew said he'll start smoking the ribs on Saturday. All we ask is for you to bring a side dish of some kind. Thanks to Andrew for putting all this together.

We are meeting at Stocksdale Park in Liberty. I have Shelter #2 reserved under KC Fiat Club. So far we are planning to do our "fun run" first and finish at The Shelter for food and fun!
Start time is going to be at 11AM. I would like to see everyone there by 1045 so we can group up and have a "driver's meeting". We will roll out of the park at 11 sharp! the route is http://routebuilder.org/1ro2#.V0FC85Ni9dA.google_plusone_share,
and it's roughly 50-ish miles one way. With traffic and stops (we will surely have a few photo ops), it should take about three hours or so. Keep checking in for updates, and make sure you volunteer to bring a side, dessert, or drink! The address for the shelter is Address is 901 South Lafrenz Rd liberty mo 64068, shelter #2. If you want to opt out of the run, but join us for the cook out...feel free. Just let me know if you plan on attending so we can plan accordingly. Thanks.

Lil Blue
06-29-2016, 04:59 AM
We're doing a Meet and Greet dinner at Lidia's Italian restaurant ( http://lidias-kc.com/ ) on July 9th. Reservations are for 6pm. The address is 101 W 22nd st, KC MO.

We're also having a short drive before hand for those that want to join in. We're meeting at Wyandotte County Lake ( 3488 West Dr, KC KS ) at 3:30pm, heading out by 4pm to be at Lidia's by 6pm.

Come join us for both..or just either dinner or the cruise.

Lil Blue
07-05-2016, 06:52 PM
If you plan on attending the dinner, please let me know in case we have to bump up the reservation for more people. Thanks

Lil Blue
07-18-2016, 07:01 PM
The next thing on our agenda is the Stewartsville Fall Festival Parade, which we were asked to be a part of. It's Saturday, August 6th, and we're meeting at 10-ish am at the B.P. at 103 Hill ST. Stewartsville, MO. Line up is at 11am. This is Frank's "baby"...so lets make a strong showing for him. More information to follow as Frank gets it. You can still throw candy at the kids...so bring lots. Our bambinos are a huge hit in the last 2 parades we've done. There's a car show afterwards (1-3pm) where you can hang out...and enjoy some country fair time, or Frank's talking about touring 3 wineries afterwards. The webite for the festival is http://www.stewartsvillefestival.com/

huauqui
07-18-2016, 09:29 PM
Lil Blue,

Do you all mind a tag along from Nebraska on the 6th?

huauqui

Lil Blue
07-19-2016, 05:51 AM
Lil Blue,

Do you all mind a tag along from Nebraska on the 6th?

huauqui

Not at all...the more the merrier. You don't have to be a club member to join in on any of our activities. I'll try to remember to grab some welcome bags for it...so make sure you hit me up for one in case I forget. Looking forward to having you join in.

Lil Blue
07-27-2016, 06:47 PM
Further update on the parade on Saturday August 6th. We will be having some ladies from some of the roller derby teams in St. Joseph joining us for it. So the more Fiats we can have in the parade to give these ladies a ride...the better, you don't have to be a club member to participate. Also, at the car show afterwards we'll be raffling off 5 tickets to the Aug. 13th roller derby bout in St. Joe. After the parade, you can enjoy a small town carnival with food and such, or there's 3 wineries you can tour near by. The parade itself will take about an hour, so bring lots of candy to toss at the kiddies along the parade route. The information for the parade is pinned to the top of the page.
*The ladies will actually be skating along with us, doing some routines and handing out candy come to find out later.

Lil Blue
08-03-2016, 07:37 AM
This Saturday is shaping up to be a perfect day for a parade, and also to do a car show while enjoying a small town festival. High of 77, 10% chance of rain....etc. Add to the mix that we'll have a few lovely ladies from some roller derby teams with us showing off their skills. Looks like a good way to spend a Saturday. Feel free to join us.

Lil Blue
08-07-2016, 04:42 AM
Some pictures from the Stewartsville Fall Festival Parade. More pictures to be added later as they become available. Everyone had a blast...and there's just something about being surrounded by the lovely ladies of the Blacksnake Roller Derby Team based out of St. Joseph, MO. https://www.facebook.com/FiatClubAmericaKCChapter/photos/?tab=album&album_id=546083882183397

Lil Blue
08-08-2016, 07:10 PM
For this coming Saturday August 13th, we're going up to watch the Blacksnake Roller Derby Ladies race for the championship. We have 10 tickets (well, 8 actually, Lori and I are taking 2) are available to our club that we can use for this Saturday, and the cost is what ever you feel like donating. They came out for us, so lets show up as a club to support them. They may even let us hang our banner and announce our presence over the PA system. Frank says these are a lot of fun and they do more than just race. So come on out, and grab a ticket before they're all gone. We're meeting at 6pm at the St. Joseph, MO Civic Arena at 100 N. 4th Street.

Lil Blue
11-19-2016, 08:03 AM
Just a heads up...tomorrow (Sunday) we're meeting at The Pirate's Bone Coffee house at 10:30am. The address is 645 E 59th St, Kansas City, MO. Thanks

Lil Blue
12-12-2016, 07:23 AM
This coming Sunday (Dec. 18th) is our Fiats and Espressos. Still meeting at 10:30 am, but this time we're meeting at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.

Lil Blue
01-05-2017, 07:48 PM
On Sunday January 15th at 10:30am we're meeting for our monthly meet and greet. If the weather is bad we'll reschedule for the following weekend. At this meeting we'll talk about changes for this year, and bounce around ideas for events/activities. This would be a good time to share any ideas you would like to see. We're meeting at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.

Joe's 500L
01-05-2017, 09:48 PM
Are 500L owners, allowed? lol. :)

On Sunday January 15th at 10:30am we're meeting for our monthly meet and greet. If the weather is bad we'll reschedule for the following weekend. At this meeting we'll talk about changes for this year, and bounce around ideas for events/activities. This would be a good time to share any ideas you would like to see. We're meeting at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.

Amacento
01-05-2017, 10:16 PM
I'm really happen to see you continue to do your thing. I only wish our communities were closer to one another. I'd love to be able to join you on a regular basis.

Lil Blue
01-06-2017, 04:16 AM
Are 500L owners, allowed? lol. :)

Absolutely (though may be a bit of a drive for you)...even non Fiat owners are invited. Have a couple of folks that join us on runs here and there...one in her Vette, another in his Miata..they fall into the "Friends of Fiats" category, may even have a guy join us on his motorcycle for this year's Fiats Cruising the Ozarks event. The 500L has gotten an unfair "rep" by people that didn't understand it..or needed something to not like about it. Wife and I thought it was a great car...just needed an all wheel drive version.

I'm really happen to see you continue to do your thing. I only wish our communities were closer to one another. I'd love to be able to join you on a regular basis.

Yeah...still treading water, but there's others now coming up with stuff to do/actually wanting to host events/drives...not just go on FB, create an event...and go look what I did...I created an event..and that's the only thing they've done, without actually planning/researching anything. You and I have chatted over the years about the struggles of getting a club going, and people to actively participate (people here have really busy lives, with lots of other interests..and sports is king here), and you've been a great sounding board. It would be great to hook up with your club (maybe split the difference and meet half way sometime). I'm hoping to make it to this year's FFO, but not looking good due to lack of vacation time. With the Fiats Cruising the Ozarks thing, and needing to hold some time back just in case with my dad's health issues...I have to be careful on when I burn up my time off.

Lil Blue
01-11-2017, 07:58 AM
Because of the forecast for this weekend, we went ahead and changed the date for the meeting for the following Sunday Jan 22nd. We still plan on talking about things to do this year, and other aspects of the club. So if you have any ideas for runs/activities...etc, come on out and share them..or better yet...offer to host/create one.

Lil Blue
02-21-2017, 07:15 PM
This coming Sunday (Feb. 26th) is our Fiats and Espressos. Meeting at 10:30 am at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.

Lil Blue
02-27-2017, 07:55 PM
So we talked about doing an all day Fiat thing this Saturday. Not so much a club thing, but just something to do all day. You can join us for all of it, or just part. Start with Cars and Coffee at the Auto Museum at 116th and Strang Line Rd from 8-10 (Let's see if anyone can beat Frank there). Afterwards...on to Werner's Fine Sausages where they grill outside from 11-2(?) (and there's an ice cream place across the street for dessert). They're at 5736 Johnson Drive, Mission. Then a cruise, For those that just want to do a cruise, or both it and watch the roller derby girls, we can meet up at the Dollar General at 4505 Metropolitan Ave, Kansas City, KS 66106 around 2-230..head out shortly after 2:30. Have a route that's a little under 3 hours planned, but is only a little over 100 miles. We'll end up at the Casey's in Atchison before heading over to the Memorial Hall. I think Frank's picking up tickets at the cheaper rate..so just need to pay him back We'll head over to watch the Roller Derby Ladies duke it out. They start at 7pm and go to 9pm. This was Frank's idea...and I have no idea where he finds the energy...just hope I can last.

Lil Blue
03-01-2017, 09:37 PM
Neither Frank or I are able to do the cruise on Saturday now. May do it at a later date. Still hitting cars and coffee, then sausages for lunch. Going to meet up in Atchison for the Roller Derby at 6pm or so at the Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall.

Lil Blue
05-09-2017, 06:42 PM
Our monthly Fiats and Espressos event is Sunday May 21st at 11am. Frank wants to discuss the up coming Italian Car Show at Zona Rosa, and next year's Fiats Cruising the Ozarks event. This is also a good time to throw out ideas for other things to do..or even offer to host an event yourself. Meeting at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.

Bartman
05-25-2017, 09:58 AM
I need to get in touch with the person(s) in charge of the Kansas City Chapter of the Fiat Club of America and can't seem to find out how to do this. Does anyone have an email address or phone number for this person? Thanks!

Amacento
05-25-2017, 10:45 AM
Our monthly Fiats and Espressos event is Sunday May 21st at 11am. Frank wants to discuss the up coming Italian Car Show at Zona Rosa, and next year's Fiats Cruising the Ozarks event. This is also a good time to throw out ideas for other things to do..or even offer to host an event yourself. Meeting at Morning Day Cafe ( http://morningdaycafe.com/ ) in Liberty. The address is 6 E. Franklin St, Liberty, MO. See you there.
My KCA cousins are still running one of the best FIAT club in the region. Bravo!

Trunkout
05-25-2017, 04:32 PM
I need to get in touch with the person(s) in charge of the Kansas City Chapter of the Fiat Club of America and can't seem to find out how to do this. Does anyone have an email address or phone number for this person? Thanks!
Message "lil blue" right above this message!

Lil Blue
05-26-2017, 06:38 AM
I'm not "in charge"..was more of a back seat...relay information type. Tara was, but she had to step down/back due to her duties with SCCA and other things keeping her really busy. May be able to answer questions though....sent a message.