PDA

View Full Version : Sold the Abarth :(

Abarth619
03-28-2015, 09:38 AM
Well I hate to have to say this, but I sold the Abarth and my Dakota. I just couldn't stand the potholes and generally poor road conditions in RI. Also, my Dakota needed work and I didn't feel like sinking money into it. I ended up buying a Ram 1500 Express 4X4 and I have to say I love it. Thank you everybody you have all been very helpful and the Fiat community in general has been awesome. Here's a few dealer pics of my new truck. Lots of parts will be up for sale shortly.

PnJabs
03-28-2015, 09:54 AM
DUDE !!!!! WTF !!!!!! LOL!!!!!. Did you sell it with all the mods still on it ? Does it have a HEMI ! nice truck

Abarth619
03-28-2015, 10:04 AM
Thanks PnJabs, it has the Hemi 3.92 gears and limited slip. I striped most of the mods off the Abarth. They bumped my trade in more because of the mods I left on it. I left the coilovers, intake and chassis braces on. I wanted to take them off, but they offered me a good deal to keep them on. I took everything else off. I'm hoping to pickup a cheap Mustang next year to set up and run as a dedicated track car. I've already ordered some go fast stuff for the truck though. hehe

Fiat500USA
03-28-2015, 10:24 AM
That's a surprise! Congratulations on you new truck! Still in the Fiat family! LOL. Thanks for all your contributions to the community. We'll miss you, so stop by when you can. You never know, maybe you'll be back with another Abarth or 124 spider!

Best regards,
Chris

Trunkout
03-28-2015, 10:46 AM
bet that feels like when I went from a lowered Civic HB to a 4Runner!

Jester49
03-28-2015, 11:07 AM
Well I hate to have to say this, but I sold the Abarth and my Dakota. I just couldn't stand the potholes and generally poor road conditions in RI. Also, my Dakota needed work and I didn't feel like sinking money into it. I ended up buying a Ram 1500 Express 4X4 and I have to say I love it. Thank you everybody you have all been very helpful and the Fiat community in general has been awesome. Here's a few dealer pics of my new truck. Lots of parts will be up for sale shortly.

Technically ,your still in the Fiat family !!!! Love the white wheels on white truck !!!

PS, Sorry, the the first photo the wheels look white....but awesome tuck anyway !!

mp4guy
03-28-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm not sure that a truck rides better than an Abarth, (?) but here in the Northeast, our roads have been hammered by the weather. TV traffic reports show dozens of delays thanks to work crews, but even the potholes have potholes. They need to mill and repave almost everything.

gfurneri
03-28-2015, 01:16 PM
that's a good looking truck. It may handle just a little bit different from the Abarth, but I bet they have the same turning radius...

Andree
03-28-2015, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the pics! What a beautiful truck! Looks amazing in white! I like the absence of chrome on that one, very sleek.

Be sure to check out and post pics in the other FCA vehicles area. There are several other people who do have a Ram truck. It would be nice to get some conversations going about Ram trucks, we're all under the Fiat umbrella now.

Different cars and trucks for different needs at different times. Some folks have it good with super smooth roads. In twenty years, only part of our road was worked on and resurfaced, the rest is California Chunky Style. Patches. That don't stick. That fling chunks of asphalt. And have potholes. You can tell if the pothole has returned at night by looking for the chunks of asphalt, so you know what to avoid.

You should be able to handle just about anything RI roads can give you with your new Ram truck! Congrats!

Purgatory
03-28-2015, 08:52 PM
Nice looking truck, congratulations. Looks good in white. Bet you end up missing that little Abarth. As much as I like mine, love it actually nothing is forever with and a particular interest in the cars I have owned. It would take a really good car for me to consider getting rid of my Abarth. Still scheming about getting an Alfa 4C, but still not sure its in the stars. Don't want one of the first 500 specials, would only be interested if I could order one exactly how I wanted it. And it couldn't be my daily driver, been warned that by a current owner of one.

Tweak
03-28-2015, 10:40 PM
First I am obviously saddened when we have someone leave.

That said congrats on the new ride!

Now since you mentioned it I just wanted to toss this out there...I might be interested in a package deal on the following...depending on price I may want all of the following sent to zip 28390

RRM Upper Brace Bar - since it fits with the RRM intake
Black Leather Shift Knob - maybe, depends which one it is
Wood Co. Extendable Blk Leather Armrest - def of interest
Mopar Fuel Door - eh, thinking if it might accept painting it'd work

Figured I better strike FAST, used is the best way to get items when buying on a budget!!!

mama mia
03-28-2015, 11:46 PM
Sounds like you had a well-sorted Abarth, but I can understand the draw to a truck- It was between a new truck and an Abarth for me as well.

On that note- dibs on the GBF Diverter Valve, ATM Boost gauge, Neu-F Torsion bar, and torque arm bushing! Please give me an estimate with shipping to 93720

TIA and enjoy your truck!!!

boostaddict
03-29-2015, 04:20 AM
I think he left most of it on the car, I would of taken those Bilsteins off but that's me. hey you can always go for a ride in my car if ever miss the Abarth :)

Abarth619
03-29-2015, 07:47 AM
Thanks everyone. I took off a lot of stuff, but the dealer had bumped up my trade to leave some of it on. I left the coilovers, chassis braces, armrest, fuel door and intake on the car. I have to take photos and get prices, but I'm going to list everything this week. The truck is in dire need of new rims and tires. :)

boostaddict
03-29-2015, 08:41 AM
If you took the Neuf Torq mount / Neuf rear torsion bar off I'll come by and pick it up.

Abarth619
03-29-2015, 09:20 AM
I have the mount Brent, not the torsion bar though. I also have 4 quarts of Pennzoil and a filter too. I just bought them from the dealer with receipt. I'll let it go super cheap if you're interested.

rustbucket
03-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Well I hate to have to say this, but I sold the Abarth and my Dakota. I just couldn't stand the potholes and generally poor road conditions in RI. 1712917130

Hate to hear it but I understand where you're coming from after three trips last week to the Twin Cities for service/ warranty work. Third world roads take the fun out of most anything. Congrats on the truck- you've got the perfect tow vehicle and the rear coils make for a great riding truck. Does it have the eight speed auto? ... the owner's I've talked to say it the cat's meow. I'm no longer in the trades and decided to move from a pickup to the Fiat. Love my Sport but there are still times I miss the pickup, especially when I have a manure pile to spread on the garden. :smile:

Andree
03-29-2015, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone. I took off a lot of stuff, but the dealer had bumped up my trade to leave some of it on. I left the coilovers, chassis braces, armrest, fuel door and intake on the car. I have to take photos and get prices, but I'm going to list everything this week. The truck is in dire need of new rims and tires. :)

Are you in an area where you'll be swapping 3 season for winter tires each year? Keep the current wheels for that purpose, I like the way they look on the truck, and yes, they do look white when the sun hits them right. Looks nice.

HuberHtsAbarth
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I understand what you are saying. The wife and I drove over to Columbus and back on Saturday on I-70 (about a 140 mile roundtrip) The potholes and rough seams over the bridges, etc, beat the sh_t out of us in the Abarth.