PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia Grand Prix 2015 TV listings

Robert Nixon
03-22-2015, 09:08 PM
The first three are from NBCSN, then the rest is cut and pasted from www.tvracer.com. All times Eastern:

Malaysia Grand Prix Listings from NBCSN:
Friday, March 28 - 2:00 a.m. -- Malaysia Grand Prix - Practice #2 (NBCSN)
Saturday, March 29 - 4:00 a.m. -- Malaysia Grand Prix - Qualifying (NBCSN)
Sunday, March 30 - 3:30 a.m. -- Malaysia Grand Prix - Race (NBCSN)
Friday, March 27
12:00 AM Road to Mercedes
1:00 AM Mercedes F1: Race to Repeat
2:00 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix, Practice"
Saturday March 28
1:30 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix, Practice"
5:00 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix, Qualifying" LIVEVE
Rebroadcast: 5:00 PM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix, Qualifying"
Sunday, March 29
1:00 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix, Qualifying"
2:30 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix" LIVEVE
5:00 AM F1 Extra
3:30 PM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix" rebroadcast
6:00 PM F1 Extra
Monday, March 30
12:30 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix" rebroadcast
Tuesday, March 31
12:00 AM Formula One Racing "Malaysian Grand Prix" rebroadcast
2:30 AM F1 Extra

Robert Nixon
03-22-2015, 09:12 PM
If you aren't sleeping after midnight, you get to see two re-runs of the race on Monday night and Tuesday night! Other than that, here's a few things to look for this week and in the race:

--Will Alonso be medically cleared to race?

--And even if he is, will McLaren (Alonso and Button) be able to get in the top 10 and score any points?

--Will Valtteri Bottas recover from his injury in Australia and race?

--If not, will Williams make up their minds and name a reserve driver?

--Will Manor, aka Marussia, actually drive any laps, much less qualify or finish the race this week?

--Will Sauber get both cars in the points again?

--Can Lotus get a car to the finish line this time?

--Has Ferrari really jumped ahead of Williams, and could they PLEASE not screw up Kimi's pit stops this time?

--How many laps (practice, qualifying, or the race) until Maldonado crashes again?

--Oh yes, and way up there at the front of the field, Hamilton or Rosberg this time?

NoTec
03-24-2015, 06:28 AM
Alonso will likely race and place top 10. He's that good. Bottas might need surgery to correct his issues. I say give Susie Wolfe the drive and let's see what she can do with a good car. I wouldn't be surprised if Manor doesn't have the money to fund the Malaysia trip, so no they won't drive. Both Sauber and Lotus have good cars but I cannot see both of each getting points this time. One of each will likely crash or suffer mechanical DNF.

Kimi was shafted last race. A real bummer because I was routing for him. I think he will take the fight to Vettel.

Assuming both Mercs are healthy, Hamilton. Every now and then, you get a driver and a car that become one. This is the Hamilton era. A shame for Nico because I like him, but there is no denying that Hamilton and Alonso are the two best in the field.

Robert Nixon
03-24-2015, 01:01 PM
I think it's going to be a tough fight for those last points scoring positions, assuming Kimi gets back in it, assuming both Lotuses will be there, and assuming both Saubers will maintain their pace, and even Toro Rosso was looking pretty good in qualifying last week, There really could be no room at the inn for McLaren to get points yet!

NoTec
03-25-2015, 06:39 AM
Yes, it will be very difficult for McLaren. But we should examine both the car and the driver.

Like Lewis, Alonso is capable of extracting something from nothing. We've seen what they both can do with less competitive machinery. We've seen what both can do with the same machinery. They've won multiple championships with the best machinery. I'd say it is highly likely that Alonso will put the Honda in the points if it doesn't break.

Also, I'm sure McLaren and Honda have not been sleeping over these last two weeks. At some point in Melbourne when Button was under attack, it seemed like McLaren allowed him to turn up the power. When he did so, the car had excellent pickup. I wouldn't doubt that the Honda power unit might well be more capable than the Renault. Hopefully they get through the teething issues quickly and are able to battle with Sauber, Redbull, and possibly Williams.

But seeing as how we are at the home of Petronas, the outcome of this race will be fitting for the venue.

Robert Nixon
03-28-2015, 08:32 AM
Well, thanks to the usual huge thunderstorm, Qualifying was very interesting!

In Q1 we ended up with the Manor cars last (only 1 set a time), and both McLaren cars failed to advance. Also dropped was Sauber's Nasr, a bit of a surprise considering he finished 5th in Australia! At the end of the session it was clear that the rain was coming, including lightening visible before Q1 ended.

During Q2, Vettel of Ferrari got lined up to the first car out before the rain came, and most of the other cars quickly lined up in a mad scramble to set a fast dry track lap, and sure enough the rain hit after everyone had that first lap in. The surprise here was Hamilton being stuck in the middle of the pack which slowed his qualifying lap, with him ending only 8th for the round!

In the end though, Hamilton took pole in Q3, with the Ferrari of Vettel sneaking into 2nd place and Rosberg only 3rd! Just maybe we'll have a real race involving someone besides the Mercedes team-mates!

NoTec
03-28-2015, 04:31 PM
If it rains in the race tomorrow, the ferraris may be in a tussling mood. Hopefully we can recreate the Hamilton Vettel Interlagos battle of 2008. Oh what fun that would be.

Although I don't have much reason to be, I am optimistic that Alonso will wrestle that Honda into the points. If there is rain, both he and Button could be right up there. But I believe dry weather is more important to McLaren so that they can continue to acquire the data necessary to setup their platform.

Robert Nixon
03-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Yes, the rain will make things interesting! I don't think McLaren (or Manor) have even tested their car in the rain, so that really makes it a wild card!

Great to see Vettel on the front row, hope for an interesting race all around!

NoTec
03-30-2015, 06:41 AM
No rain. Unexpected outcome. Good racing. Had kimi not been flattened early on, I suspect he would have given the Mercs problems. Hats off to Vettel for awesome performance in the land of Petronas.

Gharbeson
03-30-2015, 01:57 PM
No rain. Unexpected outcome. Good racing. Had kimi not been flattened early on, I suspect he would have given the Mercs problems. Hats off to Vettel for awesome performance in the land of Petronas.
I'm thrilled. Go Big Red! I apologies for all those nasty thoughts and statements about Sebastian.

Robert Nixon
03-30-2015, 04:39 PM
That was a really fun race, good for Ferrari to win, and I think you're right about Kimi being up there without his issues.

Amazing how the teams generally finished right together, Mercedes 2-3, Williams 5-6, Toro Rosso 7-8, Red Bull 9-10, the Force India guys together, McLaren and Manor at the back.

Manor and McLaren both with only 1 car seeing a checkered flag in two races!

MarkG
03-30-2015, 07:37 PM
It seems that Kimi aiways has an issue-would love to see two Ferraris on the podium!

NoTec
03-30-2015, 09:48 PM
If you dont wanna have an issue, the simple solution is to qualify higher. Kimi's gotta do the deed. Show us that magic he had at Lotus/Renault.
Vettel did everything right. Ferrari absolutely got it right this race.

texanbrit
03-31-2015, 08:42 AM
Vettel is a Ferrari driver now :)

Great race and hope it bodes well for the season.