PDA

View Full Version : San Diego alignment shop?

GQRob
03-20-2015, 11:06 PM
Where have San Diego Fiat owners gone for a wheel alignment?
The shops I have called told me that Fiat's won't fit on their alignment rack.

I intalled Eibach springs and now need the toe adjusted. So far Midas and Evans can't do it for Fiats.

SeaDawg
03-21-2015, 12:59 AM
Most tire shops have alignment machines. Not to mention you live in a state with a virtually unlimited number of car shops.:friendly_wink:

GQRob
03-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Yes, they do have alignment racks.
I am being told that my Fiat is too small to fit in their alignment rack.

Most tire shops have alignment machines. Not to mention you live in a state with a virtually unlimited number of car shops.:friendly_wink:

SeaDawg
03-21-2015, 12:21 PM
Yes, they do have alignment racks.
I am being told that my Fiat is too small to fit in their alignment rack.

Then they just don't want to deal with it. I had my 1st 500 a 2012 Sport with 17" wheels and H&R lowering springs alignment done by what would be classified as a Mom and Pop car care place in Winter Park called Expert Car Care. It rolled up on their rack just fine and they had no problem adjusting the toe and measuring the camber and caster which aren't adjustable without additional parts.

The in town FIAT dealer Fields FIAT takes their cars on a multi-mile jaunt to Fields Chrysler in Sanford for an alignment as the downtown location is too small to install a separate alignment rack. The $69 price was too good to go elsewhere when I had the lowering springs installed on my 2 2013's.

Good Luck! It almost seems unbelievable that in the Mecca of the automobile somebody can't check that for you.

GQRob
03-21-2015, 08:26 PM
Thanks! I am sure I will find a place next week.

It is a mecca of cars here which is why I figured a fiat friendly shop would be easy to find. I was hoping to get a suggestion from a local fiat owner that had first hand experience with a shop with good customer service.

zonker
03-21-2015, 09:56 PM
Bring your car to Temecula, and I'll align it in my garage with toe plates and string... best way to align IMO.

GQRob
03-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Thanks zonker. I might hit you up for help in the next couple weeks. I am going to look into a shop or getting some toe plates myself until then.

GQRob
04-07-2015, 09:08 PM
I ended up taking my Fiat to Clarence Brown Alignment Services in Kearny Mesa. Cost was $50 for front toe alignment. Great shop! They align a lot of track cars too.