PDA

View Full Version : 2015 fiat abarth bulb size... HELP!

Mattspina
03-17-2015, 12:34 AM
Hey guys,

i looked in in a few threads but I couldn't find what I was looking for! What's the size bulb for the headlights on the abarth???

also I would love to see some pictures of some examples of what you guys installed!!! And how do the stock headlamps compare to a 6000k HID kit!!

Thanks guys!!

SeaDawg
03-17-2015, 01:01 AM
Hey guys,

i looked in in a few threads but I couldn't find what I was looking for! What's the size bulb for the headlights on the abarth???

also I would love to see some pictures of some examples of what you guys installed!!! And how do the stock headlamps compare to a 6000k HID kit!!

Thanks guys!!

It's an H1R2 bulb which is also known as a 9012 bulb, which will probably be easier to find. They are sensitive to handling and should be handled with cloth gloves on so that body oil/secretions don't get on the glass which will shorten the life of the bulb dramatically. You may already know that.:wink:

The stock headlamps are around 4,000k which is pretty white although 4,300k is considered bright white. A 6,000k HID kit will actually provide less actual light output and it will have a bluish tint. I'll be upfront and state I'm not a fan of HID lighting. BUT, if you want to get HID then get around the 4,300k temperature which will give you max light output with a bright white color.

Tweak
03-17-2015, 10:12 AM
VVME 4300K HID set (9006 35W) with PIAA Xtreme DRLs...
http://i42.tinypic.com/2rom4gp.jpg

Mattspina
03-17-2015, 05:19 PM
It's an H1R2 bulb which is also known as a 9012 bulb, which will probably be easier to find. They are sensitive to handling and should be handled with cloth gloves on so that body oil/secretions don't get on the glass which will shorten the life of the bulb dramatically. You may already know that.:wink:

The stock headlamps are around 4,000k which is pretty white although 4,300k is considered bright white. A 6,000k HID kit will actually provide less actual light output and it will have a bluish tint. I'll be upfront and state I'm not a fan of HID lighting. BUT, if you want to get HID then get around the 4,300k temperature which will give you max light output with a bright white color.

so the abarth does come with a stock hid kit of 4000k???

doverosx
03-17-2015, 05:25 PM
so the abarth does come with a stock hid kit of 4000k???

No, the stock car comes with the state of the HIR2 halogen system that provides 80% of the performance of an HID system for 10% of the cost and much improved reliability. 4000k is the "colour temperature" of the light that is output by the bulb. 9012 bulbs are not acceptable replacements for the HIR2 halogen housing type and will not perform to spec.