PDA

View Full Version : March 13-15 AUSTRALIA F1 TV LISTINGS

Robert Nixon
03-03-2015, 04:45 PM
We are all cranked up for another F1 season starting in Australia, and here in the US that means not a lot of sleep if you want to get up and watch the practices, qualifying, and race all live! From the NBC Sports Network listings, it looks like they will cover ALL THREE practice sessions in addition to the qualifying and race!

The big F1 news today was that Fernando Alonso of McLaren will NOT be driving in the first race due to concerns of him recovering from a concusison in testing a week ago, so back-up driver and last year's McLaren #2 Kevin Magnussen will start the race.

NBC SPORTS NETWORK AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX
(All times are Eastern)

Friday, March 13
• 12:30 AM Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix, Practice One" LIVE
• 1:30 AM Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix, Practice Two" LIVE

Saturday March 14
• 12:30 AM Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix, Practice Three" LIVE
• 1:30 AM Countdown to F1 NEW
• 2:00 AM Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix, Qualifying" LIVE

Sunday, March 15
• 12:00 AM Countdown to F1 LIVE
• 12:30 AM Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix" LIVE
• 3:00 AM F1 Extra LIVE
• 6:00 AM REBROADCAST Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix"
• 4:00 PM REBROADCAST Formula One Racing "Australian Grand Prix"
• 6:30 PM REBROADCAST F1 Extra

Utahwjr
03-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Just saw that Alonso will be out for the first race as well. Great start for the new Honda era.

Robert Nixon
03-04-2015, 10:50 AM
The rumor mill is going crazy with speculation on what caused his accident and how serious the injury really was, so who knows? Added to the limited testing and all the issues with the new Honda engine, and they will be lucky to finish the first couple of races.

On my Nixon Motorsports blog of today I wrote up my predictions for the year, no surprises so I'm sticking with Mercedes taking the Constructors and Hamilton repeating as driving champ. I'd still like to see Rosberg win, but I think Hamilton will stay ahead in the races this year.

MemoryFoam
03-05-2015, 11:18 PM
The rumor mill is going crazy with speculation on what caused his accident and how serious the injury really was, so who knows?

Interesting article on the BBC site about this.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31732315

Robert Nixon
03-06-2015, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the article link---who knows how this will turn out with Alonso?
Manor-Marussia say their car met the crash test yesterday, so they will be in Australia and trying to qualify at least! Still no word on their 2nd driver.
Looks like Mercedes will still be the team to beat, but the race for 2nd should be a good one with Williams, Ferrari, and even a few others looking not bad in testing.
The two rookies for Toro Roso could spring some surprises too, no telling what a 17 and a 20 year old will do in their first race!

Utahwjr
03-06-2015, 01:29 PM
Manor-Marussia say their car met the crash test yesterday, so they will be in Australia and trying to qualify at least! Still no word on their 2nd driver.

Do they still have the 106% rule?

FiatDood
03-06-2015, 09:23 PM
Interesting article on the BBC site about this.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31732315

Bring back Heikki Kovalainen.

BTW, thanks for the TV listing information, but I banned NCBSports from my list of channels to watch. You'd be lucky to catch the race in between commercials.

Robert Nixon
03-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Utahwjr,
Yes, all cars must qualify with a time within 107% of the car on pole. However, I believe the officials on site have some leeway in enforcing this.

Just as an estimate, if pole in Australia (surely one of the Mercedes guys if my crystal ball is working!), does about 1:30, or 90 seconds, then to meet the 107% rule means they have to lap in 96.3 That's a pretty huge amount, but considering the car (with LAST year's engine) hasn't been driven at all, it will be tough!

Robert Nixon
03-07-2015, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=FiatDood BTW, thanks for the TV listing information, but I banned NCBSports from my list of channels to watch. You'd be lucky to catch the race in between commercials.[/QUOTE]

FiatDood,
I think if I could get the BBC or Sky broadcast I'd listen to that instead of the NBCSN guys too!

Robert Nixon
03-11-2015, 08:51 AM
Giedo van der Garde has won his court case to drive for Sauber, and it looks like Sauber are appealing this decision. The rules state that teams have to name their two drivers by Thursday I believe, so this is going to be very interesting to see who ends up driving for them this weekend!

The Manor Marussia team named their 2nd driver, Merhi who drove a few Friday practice sessions for Caterham last year, so at least they have their cars and drivers all set now.

At the front of the grid, we will likely see a Mercedes 1-2, unless they have mechanical problems like last year in Australia, when Hamilton's car had issues very early in the race and Rosberg cruised to victory.

Assuming Mercedes continues to dominate, then the main interest will be who is 3rd on the podium, and will it be Red Bull, Williams, or just maybe Ferrari?

Robert Nixon
03-12-2015, 08:54 AM
In addition to the above TV listings, you can download the free NBC Sports Live Extra Ap and watch free practice 1 tonight at 9:30PM LIVE, without having to catch the rerun after midnight.

When I copied the times in the first post that first practice was listed as live, but that's not correct.

Gharbeson
03-13-2015, 03:02 PM
http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/races/australian-grand-prix-melbourne/?MID=401974655&UID=4168046668&utm_campaign=150313_F1_EN+%5Bgruppo%3A+F1+eng+-+contenuto%3A+pre+GP+Australia+%5D&utm_content=4168046668&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_term=401974655

This link is from a write up by Scudiera Ferrari. Schumacher still holds the lap record - in a Ferrari naturally!

Robert Nixon
03-13-2015, 09:45 PM
I think most of the track records are still from that same year, 2004.

Robert Nixon
03-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Not a LOT of surprises in qualifying, Mercedes easily taking 1-2, with Felipe Massa of Williams 3rd, then BOTH Ferraris with Vettel 4th, Kimi 5th, and the other Williams of Bottas 6th. Just read on line that Bottas is being checked out for back pain, so hopefully he can race Sunday, no word yet.

Other news: McLaren-Honda basically LAST, they are going to be having a tough year, at least here at the start of the season.

Manor didn't get on track, so they won't be racing, and we have a race with only 18 cars on the grid.

I think it was Q1 that rookie Verstappen of Toro Rosso took 4th best time, and it should be some exciting stuff from the Toro Roso guys this year, even though they are both rookies.

Barring mechanical issues and Maldonado crashing someone out, look for Mercedes 1-2 and a tough battle between Williams and Ferrari for 3rd place podium. At this point, I'll go out on a limb and root for our Italian brothers and say that Vettel will take 3rd!

NoTec
03-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Spoiler..............

Not a surprising result and somewhat of a boring race. With all things equal, Rosberg will have a very difficult time and highly unlikely chance of defeating the reigning champ.

Robert Nixon
03-15-2015, 07:15 PM
Yep, was hoping for more of a battle for 2nd, but good for Ferrari! First race of the season shouldn't be a big surprise with all the retirements, so now we have to wait and see if Alonso and Bottas will be ready for the next race in two weeks.

As long as Mercedes lets their two guys fight to the end, we'll have at least that battle to watch!

Pretty nice to see Sir Jackie Stewart and Arnold Schwarzenegger at the podium ceremony too!

NoTec
03-16-2015, 06:16 AM
Yes it was definitely a nice surprise. Although Arnold did make it a bit awkward. It almost felt like he forgot everyones names except for Lewis. Then he hit Nico with that stunner of a question. I wanna say the interview during the podium ceremony was more intense than the race...

Gharbeson
03-17-2015, 01:31 PM
Not a LOT of surprises in qualifying, Mercedes easily taking 1-2, with Felipe Massa of Williams 3rd, then BOTH Ferraris with Vettel 4th, Kimi 5th, and the other Williams of Bottas 6th. Just read on line that Bottas is being checked out for back pain, so hopefully he can race Sunday, no word yet.

Other news: McLaren-Honda basically LAST, they are going to be having a tough year, at least here at the start of the season.

Manor didn't get on track, so they won't be racing, and we have a race with only 18 cars on the grid.

I think it was Q1 that rookie Verstappen of Toro Rosso took 4th best time, and it should be some exciting stuff from the Toro Roso guys this year, even though they are both rookies.

Barring mechanical issues and Maldonado crashing someone out, look for Mercedes 1-2 and a tough battle between Williams and Ferrari for 3rd place podium. At this point, I'll go out on a limb and root for our Italian brothers and say that Vettel will take 3rd!
Good call! Kinda bummed that it looks like MB all season long but my beloved Ferrari made a statement!