PDA

View Full Version : Renting an Abarth? - Orlando, FL

orneryduck
02-20-2015, 12:07 AM
I briefly test drove a new Abarth manual last weekend and really enjoyed it in that narrow scope. I went in with the idea of trading my current car, a BMW 335i, in but numbers-wise it showed no benefit so we may keep it but still aim for an Abarth in addition to. The problem is the studio exists in downtown, a territory of which I rarely traverse these days. I want to use an Abarth in my normal routine to see if I fall in love or come to loath it in respect to my needs and wants. In a week or two my current car will be unavailable for about 7 days to undergo maintence work and I'll be getting a rental for the period. I would prefer if it could serve a second purpose to the primary objective of ferrying me to and froe; slowing me some seat time in a car under consideration within my real world use.

I know it is an odd ask, but has anyone heard of a rental company carrying Abarths, or if studios have ever offered a rental program?

MemoryFoam
02-20-2015, 12:12 AM
Other than the instrument panel, Abarths haven't changed much since they were introduced here. See if the studio has a used one they would rent to you for an extended test drive as a potential buyer of a new one.

Tweak
02-20-2015, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Enterprise in Cary NC which is what my dealer/studio (Hendrick) uses offers the Abarth. Maybe they do local to you as well.

orneryduck
02-20-2015, 06:15 PM
According to the Studio they can schedule an extended test drive but they do not loan cars out unless you are a current owner getting service. Caveat, you must have purchased your car at that specific studio. Enterprise may occasionally have a regular 500, but it is rare.

I may schedule an extended drive; the downtown ride felt great but it is nothing like my normal driving conditions. I also want to experience more of the car, such as how the bluetooth works with my phone, how comfortable I am or am not on an expressway with a moderate amount of traffic, etc. I see these things everywhere in my area and the few owners I've spoken to have nothing but positive things to say.

DVT
02-24-2015, 07:03 AM
I know it is an odd ask, but has anyone heard of a rental company carrying Abarths, or if studios have ever offered a rental program?

You can try RelayRides.com. It's a peer, car-share service. Not sure what they have in Orlando, but I've seen Abarths available in the San Francisco area through it.

nilfinite
02-24-2015, 09:05 PM
Definitely, best of luck getting a rental!

Try getaround.com as well in case. It's definitely more prominent in the bay area.