PDA

View Full Version : using an Abarth cpu on a 500 turbo

Frommerstop
02-14-2015, 12:21 AM
I'm a new 500T owner and I was wondering if anyone has tried using an Abarth proccesor for the 500T. I'm not looking for huge performance gains, just trying to get the Turbo up to stock (USA spec) Abarth levels. AFAIK it's basically the same, but without the added boost in Sport mode, so I was thinking of just using a "stock" Abarth CPU. Has anyone tried it?

opiateESP
02-14-2015, 01:09 AM
I'm a new 500T owner and I was wondering if anyone has tried using an Abarth proccesor for the 500T. I'm not looking for huge performance gains, just trying to get the Turbo up to stock (USA spec) Abarth levels. AFAIK it's basically the same, but without the added boost in Sport mode, so I was thinking of just using a "stock" Abarth CPU. Has anyone tried it?

Need all three computers to make that work as well as the key fob. Better off to just get a tune. You can get a tune that brings in up to just Abarth spec but you'll still be missing the full ESC OFF mode. The ECU replacement is about triple to quadruple the amount to make it work unless you get a smoking deal from a wreckers. Research this in depth before attempting but it would be an interesting approach.

cy-clone33
02-14-2015, 10:21 AM
A salvaged ECU sales for $275 range on ebay , its $75 to have the vin flashed

opiateESP
02-14-2015, 02:04 PM
A salvaged ECU sales for $275 range on ebay , its $75 to have the vin flashed

Good prices. Still need the BCU and if I recall, the third unit is the TCM

cy-clone33
02-14-2015, 02:21 PM
You are correct

Frommerstop
02-14-2015, 04:59 PM
Ah, I figured as much. Never a free lunch... or even a particularly cheap one, appearently!

I figuerd there must be a reason I hadn't read of anyone doing it, but I didn't realize how much was going to be affected. I guess I can imagine how the BCU might be affected, but why would I need a new key fob and TCM?

opiateESP
02-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Ah, I figured as much. Never a free lunch... or even a particularly cheap one, appearently!

I figuerd there must be a reason I hadn't read of anyone doing it, but I didn't realize how much was going to be affected. I guess I can imagine how the BCU might be affected, but why would I need a new key fob and TCM?

When the car starts up, it checks the key (the lightening bolt in the top right of the cluster).

cy-clone33
02-14-2015, 09:37 PM
easier to just get the E&D tuner gain 40hp over stock and just as fast as a tuned abarth for $800 , it rewrites the ECU and puts our 500T on a level playing field which no piggybacks can currently do