PDA

View Full Version : On the 4th transmission

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
02-05-2015, 10:30 PM
Yes you read this right. I ordered my 2014 Fiat 500L October 2013. It took four months to arrive. Was I thrilled, oh yes. My brand new 4 door fully loaded, transparent roof with sunroof, custom red/grey seats and dash, Gsp , Pearl White dream come true car.. Two weeks later feb 2014 driving on the Hwy it starts to jerk and we hear a grinding sound. Pull over shut off the car. Re start it and travel on. The next day grinding sound persists. Get it towed to Preformance Crysler and yes it was the transmission. Drove it for a few month and then had trouble with it over heating. Was told not to stop and go in traffic but to put my car in park to avoid over heating.. Really!!!! Two weeks ago noise coming from the transmission. Call service take it in. Omg it's the transmission again. Replace the transmission. Now this car has had three brand new transmissions. Take it home macanic assures me it won't happen again. Six days later my car won't start. Finally get it started and as I'm driving get a message to put it in nuteral the forward or reverse. Tried that. Car doesn't move. Omg.. I'm stuck in the middle of my street. Call the tow truck. Back in the shop... Yep you guessed it. The transmission again. You might not believe this but this is the truth. Right now I have a call into Fiat Canada. This car is a lemon. Please if anyone at all has had any of these issues please post something and let me know...

13abarthcanada
02-06-2015, 02:18 AM
Good luck with fiat Canada all I got was a run around. They do not stand behind there product and will not buy a car back because Canada has no lemon laws. My abarth had been in10-12 times in 18 months for all sorts of problems.

FiatCACares
02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Yes you read this right. I ordered my 2014 Fiat 500L October 1013. It took four months to arrive. Was I thrilled, oh yes. My brand new 4 door fully loaded, transparent roof with sunroof, custom red/grey seats and dash, Gsp , Pearl White dream come true car.. Two weeks later feb 2014 driving on the Hwy it starts to jerk and we hear a grinding sound. Pull over shut off the car. Re start it and travel on. The next day grinding sound persists. Get it towed to Preformance Crysler and yes it was the transmission. Drove it for a few month and then had trouble with it over heating. Was told not to stop and go in traffic but to put my car in park to avoid over heating.. Really!!!! Two weeks ago noise coming from the transmission. Call service take it in. Omg it's the transmission again. Replace the transmission. Now this car has had three brand new transmissions. Take it home macanic assures me it won't happen again. Six days later my car won't start. Finally get it started and as I'm driving get a message to put it in nuteral the forward or reverse. Tried that. Car doesn't move. Omg.. I'm stuck in the middle of my street. Call the tow truck. Back in the shop... Yep you guessed it. The transmission again. You might not believe this but this is the truth. Right now I have a call into Fiat Canada. This car is a lemon. Please if anyone at all has had any of these issues please post something and let me know...

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo,

I'm very sorry to hear about the concerns you've experienced. Keep an eye on your PM inbox.

Gundy
02-06-2015, 12:43 PM
Yes you read this right. I ordered my 2014 Fiat 500L October 1013. It took four months to arrive. Was I thrilled, oh yes. My brand new 4 door fully loaded, transparent roof with sunroof, custom red/grey seats and dash, Gsp , Pearl White dream come true car.. Two weeks later feb 2014 driving on the Hwy it starts to jerk and we hear a grinding sound. Pull over shut off the car. Re start it and travel on. The next day grinding sound persists. Get it towed to Preformance Crysler and yes it was the transmission. Drove it for a few month and then had trouble with it over heating. Was told not to stop and go in traffic but to put my car in park to avoid over heating.. Really!!!! Two weeks ago noise coming from the transmission. Call service take it in. Omg it's the transmission again. Replace the transmission. Now this car has had three brand new transmissions. Take it home macanic assures me it won't happen again. Six days later my car won't start. Finally get it started and as I'm driving get a message to put it in nuteral the forward or reverse. Tried that. Car doesn't move. Omg.. I'm stuck in the middle of my street. Call the tow truck. Back in the shop... Yep you guessed it. The transmission again. You might not believe this but this is the truth. Right now I have a call into Fiat Canada. This car is a lemon. Please if anyone at all has had any of these issues please post something and let me know...

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Bummer. I just had to have a new transmission module put in our 2014 500L. All was fine when we took it in for it's second service.
Dash lit up like a Christmas tree as we drove home. Took it back and was told by the service dept that a new module wasn't available until MARCH 15th or so....maybe. Geesh. Studio did the right thing and took one out of a car on the lot. All is well now.
I hope they make this right by you.
As a side note: I noticed you ordered your 500L about 100 years ago. ;-) (sorry...I couldn't resist)

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
02-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Try contacting Campav Canada, They were a great help, I am waiting to see what Fiat Canada will do for me, Carrene from Fiat Canada has been great but we will see what happens. This car is now deemed unsafe no matter how many new transmission they put in. Good Luck to me.

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
02-06-2015, 03:39 PM
can you please email me at aiannazzo@hotmail.com

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
02-09-2015, 01:46 PM
Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo,

I'm very sorry to hear about the concerns you've experienced. Keep an eye on your PM inbox.

Are you getting any results. can u please email me with any help.. Thank u

Wolfepaw
02-14-2015, 05:43 PM
That....is crazy! You win the new transmission race!

Andree
02-14-2015, 07:32 PM
Er, the 500L wasn't available in pearl white.

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
02-17-2015, 04:59 PM

Yes is is. I got mine custom made with pearl white, transparent black roof , grey and red seats with the red dash.

DDT
02-17-2015, 06:51 PM

Andree, I think that color options in Canada are different than in the USA.

Andree
02-18-2015, 03:47 AM
2015 colors for Canada:

2014 Canada:
http://www.fiatcanada.com/en/2014/500L

Same as US.

Providence
04-12-2015, 12:26 AM
Yes you read this right. I ordered my 2014 Fiat 500L October 2013. It took four months to arrive. Was I thrilled, oh yes. My brand new 4 door fully loaded, transparent roof with sunroof, custom red/grey seats and dash, Gsp , Pearl White dream come true car.. Two weeks later feb 2014 driving on the Hwy it starts to jerk and we hear a grinding sound. Pull over shut off the car. Re start it and travel on. The next day grinding sound persists. Get it towed to Preformance Crysler and yes it was the transmission. Drove it for a few month and then had trouble with it over heating. Was told not to stop and go in traffic but to put my car in park to avoid over heating.. Really!!!! Two weeks ago noise coming from the transmission. Call service take it in. Omg it's the transmission again. Replace the transmission. Now this car has had three brand new transmissions. Take it home macanic assures me it won't happen again. Six days later my car won't start. Finally get it started and as I'm driving get a message to put it in nuteral the forward or reverse. Tried that. Car doesn't move. Omg.. I'm stuck in the middle of my street. Call the tow truck. Back in the shop... Yep you guessed it. The transmission again. You might not believe this but this is the truth. Right now I have a call into Fiat Canada. This car is a lemon. Please if anyone at all has had any of these issues please post something and let me know...

You are not alone. I have a 500L dual dry clutch and got a new transmission just before 10,000 miles (or at least they told me they put a new one in.) After a few transmission issues my car would not go into reverse. Was towed to dealer and they said Fiat was giving me new transmission. The car still emits smoke when I am in stop and go traffic in NYC. I fear my car may need yet another transmission as well. Dealer says smoke issue is because I drive the car in automatic instead of manual, but I know other 500L owners have this issue as well.

minibrings
04-23-2015, 10:11 PM
You are not alone. I have a 500L dual dry clutch and got a new transmission just before 10,000 miles (or at least they told me they put a new one in.) After a few transmission issues my car would not go into reverse. Was towed to dealer and they said Fiat was giving me new transmission. The car still emits smoke when I am in stop and go traffic in NYC. I fear my car may need yet another transmission as well. Dealer says smoke issue is because I drive the car in automatic instead of manual, but I know other 500L owners have this issue as well.

Get an attorney and go lemon law?

Pionieri Tridentina
04-27-2015, 02:33 PM
I have a bianco perla 500L trekking

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
05-04-2015, 01:49 PM
2015 colors for Canada:

2014 Canada:
http://www.fiatcanada.com/en/2014/500L

Same as US.

It's actually called Bianco Perla in Canada. Yep it's Pearl White!!

Adriana De Luca-Iannazzo
05-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Yep it's actually called Bianco Perla in Canada, Trust me custom ordered it and have it.