PDA

View Full Version : Still no Pop love???

Abarthsc
02-04-2015, 08:57 PM
Back after some time away, still have the Abarth and the Pop. I was hoping for Unichip or OB2 type thingy-ma-jig for the Pop/ Sport by now. What gives tuning Gurus? Just not worth the effort?

Andree
02-04-2015, 09:53 PM
Just zipping in to say (again) you still have THE. BEST. POP. EVER.

I found the old build thread, and was sad to see the pics were gone! Nooooooo!

Since we have limits on the number of pics we can directly upload to the forum, I had to delete my first pics too, so I could post new ones. It wasn't until later that I started linking over to my Flickr.

If you ever have a chance to use one of the free pic hosting sites, I'd love to see the build photos put back in, if possible. That was a great reference to show people what you CAN do with the Pop and imagination!

And I do hope someone makes something for our Pop/Lounge and Sport cars. All the focus has been on the turbo cars, which are already zippy quick. A little extra for the non-turbo cars could be very helpful!

Abarthsc
02-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks Andree!
Haven't done anything else to the Pop, it's virtually how I wanted it to be from the start. Just a touch more power would be awesome tho.

BlessLyfe
03-02-2015, 07:54 PM
ehh, lets give the pop some serious tlc and love, with a turbo, i'm ready to do this build, i needed information from the gurus of fiattech to help me out here.. i wanted this build to be unique and one of a kind , compared to an abarth, anybody can buy an abarth and put on boltons and chip it.... but it takes effort and patieince to build one from scratch to your own likings. that is what im here to do today.

Thunderbolt
03-03-2015, 12:02 AM
Back after some time away, still have the Abarth and the Pop. I was hoping for Unichip or OB2 type thingy-ma-jig for the Pop/ Sport by now. What gives tuning Gurus? Just not worth the effort?
Tork has a bench tune for the non-turbo cars. Also gets rid of the DBW throttle delay. One of my club members was the beta tester and he really likes it. I haven't gone for a ride in it yet.

Timetrapper
03-03-2015, 02:30 AM

yeah I originally had this idea when I bought a sport but then found out after posting on fiat forums that its not a good idea to put a turbo onto a sport and that I might as well just pay the extra 1-3 thousand bucks and get a turbo or abarth model. so I don't know why you are supeping up a pop heheheh. just spend a 2-3 grand more and get a turbo or abarth model!

Andree
03-03-2015, 01:45 PM
ehh, lets give the pop some serious tlc and love, with a turbo, i'm ready to do this build, i needed information from the gurus of fiattech to help me out here.. i wanted this build to be unique and one of a kind , compared to an abarth, anybody can buy an abarth and put on boltons and chip it.... but it takes effort and patieince to build one from scratch to your own likings. that is what im here to do today.

Er, if you want a Pop with a turbo, get the Turbo in the first place. LOL! You'll just be adding on the same parts as the Turbo and Abarth have, for a much higher price. Which is just ridiculous. You'll still need the turbo/abarth front end to have the room for the turbo. And you won't have all the other things like the suspension or brakes.

You'll just be bolting on more than the average person.