PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a problem - Magnaflow cat back exhaust tip orientation off?

Utahwjr
02-01-2015, 02:52 PM
So i was getting things together to start the install on my Magnaflow exhaust and i noticed something on the muffler and the orientation of the dual tips. I'm thinking they my have been welded on cockeyed.

Have not taken the old exhaust off yet to verify but thought I'd check here to see if anyone here had installed this system and could verify what I'm seeing is right or wrong.

First picture shows the stock muffler - muffler and tip are square to each other.

This is a picture of the Magnaflow axle back section with the muffler square against my work bench. Muffler is upside down from how it would be in the car - the 2 grey things are the exhaust hangers. This picture shows 2 things 1) how unequal in length the exhaust hangers are and 2) how askew the tips are to the muffler. if the tips end up level when installed the muffler will sit at a 30 degree or so angle to level. Is this right?

Thanks.

Bill

lammie200
02-01-2015, 03:48 PM
I can't tell if yours will be crooked, but I can tell you what I did to mine. In my case I had to splice in a 5" section of pipe to the inlet side of the muffler box to move the muffler box far enough out of the way of the shock perch. On bumpy roads the bottom of the shock perch would hit the bottom of the muffler. Once I spliced in the pipe the dual tips would have looked ridiculous sticking out 5" away from the bumper. Hence, I cut off the dual tips and reworked it for only one tip.

85burb
09-14-2015, 07:41 PM
I thought the same thing when I got my magnaflow exhaust. But then I installed it the tips were fine. The spring cup edge does hit the muffler but the car is lowered. I do like how it sounds but I won't be buying this exhaust for my other sport.

lammie200
09-15-2015, 10:39 AM
I thought the same thing when I got my magnaflow exhaust. But then I installed it the tips were fine. The spring cup edge does hit the muffler but the car is lowered. I do like how it sounds but I won't be buying this exhaust for my other sport.

Sounds like you need to do what I did.