PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Abarth 'stock radio' question

saypat
01-31-2015, 09:48 PM
I know it may bot be a big deal to some but, I was over at the dealer again today looking at Abarths. The salesperson and I were getting familiar with the radio. We could NOT find how to change the separation to the right and left speakers, or the fader to the front and rear speakers. Does it exist, or is this just a cheapie?
Anybody? Thanks. I did get the price lowered to $21,900 OTD.

patrick

Tweak
01-31-2015, 11:41 PM
Copied from the manual...(makes more sense if you see it in the manual and are looking at the head unit)

Use the buttons ▲ or ▼ to scroll through the Menu
functions. To change the setting of the selected function,
use the ◄ or ► buttons.
The current status of the selected function appears on the
display.
The functions managed by the Audio Menu are:
• BASS (Bass adjustment)
• TREBLE (Treble adjustment)
• BALANCE (right/left Balance adjustment)
• FADER (front/rear Balance adjustment)
• LOUDNESS (Loudness function activation/deactivation)
• EQUALIZER — if equipped (activation and selection
of factory equalization adjustments)
• USER EQUALIZER — if equipped (customized equal-
ization adjustment)
Tone Adjustment
Proceed as follows:
1. Press AUDIO button.
2. Press the or button to select “Bass” or “Treble”
in the AUDIO menu.
3. Press the or button or to increase/decrease the
bass or treble adjustments.
By pressing the or buttons briefly, the levels will
change progressively. By pressing them down longer, the
levels will change quickly.
Balance Adjustment
Proceed as follows:
1. Press AUDIO button.
2. Press the or button to set “Balance” in the
AUDIO menu.
3. Press the button to increase the sound from the left
speakers or the button to increase the sound from
the right speakers.
Select the value “0” to set the right and left audio outputs
at the same level.
Fader Adjustment
Proceed as follows:
1. Press AUDIO button.
2. Press the or button to set “Fader” in the AUDIO
menu.
3. Press the button to increase the sound coming from
the rear speakers or the button to increase the
sound coming from the front speakers.
Select the value “0” to set the right and left audio outputs
at the same level.

One thing I will say...IF you buy a Fiat listen to the radio in the car you intend to buy...turn it up loud and see how it sounds. For some reason some mention that they have to turn the radio almost to max (40) to hear it but I almost never go past 14 or so and hear it fine in my Abarth.

I added the ▲▼◄ ► to the first of the info from the manual but there are more left out which is why it reads odd, should be enough to explain it though.

saypat
02-01-2015, 02:23 AM
Maybe I just overlooked something. Seems like it is on all adjustable radios. The volume was fine, thanks. The volume was plenty, the whole 'sound' was just so so. Thanks for your reply. I am so torn between this car and a V.W. GTI. It's like toss a coin. This Abarth obviously the greater FUN factor.

Fabio13
02-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Maybe I just overlooked something. Seems like it is on all adjustable radios. The volume was fine, thanks. The volume was plenty, the whole 'sound' was just so so. Thanks for your reply. I am so torn between this car and a V.W. GTI. It's like toss a coin. This Abarth obviously the greater FUN factor.

and Character!

jjc1957
02-01-2015, 01:56 PM
You can do I bit better on the price if it is a stock Abarth. I purchased a 2015 in November of 2014 and paid $19,900.00 OTD price. The sticker was $23,500

Tweak
02-01-2015, 10:22 PM

As stated volume differs between cars for some reason so worth making sure the one you buy (if you do) sounds right to you. ;) I'm pretty sure the above is for all radio options offered.

saypat
02-03-2015, 12:41 AM
You can do I bit better on the price if it is a stock Abarth. I purchased a 2015 in November of 2014 and paid $19,900.00 OTD price. The sticker was $23,500

purchased the car today! Did you get the alarm on your car for that price? I'm really happy. They gave me $1500 for my 1993 Ford Ranger. Always good to buy on the last day of the month!

Horizontally-Opposed
02-03-2015, 01:39 AM
Congrats! Just saw this, but I came from two GTI leases in a row, and bought the Abarth nearly a year ago. NO regrets whatsoever, and never miss the GTIs.

Enjoy the ride!

pete

aelfwyne
02-04-2015, 12:48 AM
purchased the car today! Did you get the alarm on your car for that price? I'm really happy. They gave me $1500 for my 1993 Ford Ranger. Always good to buy on the last day of the month!

$1500 for that Ranger.... *sigh*...

Honestly I'm seriously considering looking for a low-buck 90s era Ranger as a second vehicle. The Fiat really can't move anything bigger than a Pineapple... and a tow hitch + trailer just seems foolish. I have a 96 Crown Vic PI, but it is the least practical vehicle ever invented, unless you have to haul prisoners or grandma. In which case, the vinyl is useful. So ... I haven't driven it since the day I bought the Fiat, don't even keep it reg'd.

saypat
02-05-2015, 08:17 PM
The radio question was brain fade issue, it right there in front of us all the time. I have another issue. Would appreciate help from those who have had success. I plug an iPod into the center console USB port but cannot get it to play. Anybody using theirs this way with success, playing thru the system and using the controls to change songs and volume? Am I missing something? Does the car need to be running? I need better documentation :distrust:

thanks for help

Tweak
02-05-2015, 08:47 PM
The radio question was brain fade issue, it right there in front of us all the time. I have another issue. Would appreciate help from those who have had success. I plug an iPod into the center console USB port but cannot get it to play. Anybody using theirs this way with success, playing thru the system and using the controls to change songs and volume? Am I missing something? Does the car need to be running? I need better documentation :distrust:

thanks for help

I do not have a 2015 or an iPod but have you tried the manual for Blue and Me (or the other manuals as well) found here: http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html
You probably (but maybe not?) have the newest B&M software but this is where you can download it if not: http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

saypat
02-06-2015, 02:54 AM
I do not have a 2015 or an iPod but have you tried the manual for Blue and Me (or the other manuals as well) found here: http://www.fiatusa.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html
You probably (but maybe not?) have the newest B&M software but this is where you can download it if not: http://www.blueandme.net/blueandme/index.aspx/index.aspx?brand=fga&lang=en

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

I am overwhelmed, again! I thought I could just plug my iPod into the USB port and I'd be all set. Crazy. It's all done thru the Blue and Me system. All this is for kids as they are the experts. To us OLD GUYS it overwhelms! Maybe you are right Tweak, just forget the music and listen to the motor GRUMBLE!

I will attempt to program all this tomorrow and see what happens. Would not have had a clue without your post and links. THANKS again Tweak!

patrick

jgriffter
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Saypat

I have the 2015 and use the iPod regularly through the USB port. Just plug the iPod in to the USB port in the center console. When you turn on the radio it will take maybe 30 seconds for a "USB" indicator at the bottom of the radio screen to light up. That means the radio is connected to the iPod.

Then you push the media button on the radio to switch from the radio to the iPod. All the steering wheel controls will then work.

By the way, you must have the car running or in accessory mode for the USB to light up on the radio. Just turning the radio on without the key in the ignition on accessory or running will not let you play the iPod. I think it is because the USB pot interfaces with some of the Blue & Me circuitry, but not sure.

Hope that helps.

Megalomaniacal
02-06-2015, 10:07 AM
What he said

the usb recognition is terribly slow for our 2015 radio.

Tweak
02-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Happy to at least try to help Patrick, jgriffter and Mega added useful info, should square you away! :)

saypat
02-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Worked as you said jgriffter. That is the easiest method I believe. Also checked thru the programming by the phone setup, but that gets complicated. I don't like complicated. At least I have some music now, not a radio person at all. Doesn't matter how loud u turn it up you can still hear the ROAR coming from the rear, and that's the real symphony!

thanks guys!

patrick

cgpiper
02-08-2015, 02:50 PM
... The Fiat really can't move anything bigger than a Pineapple....
Funny...that's basically true, but to the surprise of my band members (and me), I'm able to transport a large (bagpipe band) bass drum in mine with the rear seats folded down. And I'm able to squeeze a couple of pipe boxes in as well. It looks really strange when I pull it out of the hatch at practice (like, how many clowns can you haul?!)