PDA

View Full Version : Lifting 500e to remove a tire, DIY possible?

sharpie510
01-30-2015, 11:41 PM
I couldn't find any info online for removing a tire (rear specifically) for a Fiat 500e. Is this not recommended? I would like to remove a rear tire temporarily to have the rim painted/touched up. Can I use a standard floor jack to raise the vehicle and then place a jack stand underneath while I have the wheel serviced? Is so, do you know where the jack point would be for the rear? And where would you place the jack stand? I don't want to puncture anything underneath especially the battery pack!

Should I just jack and stand the rear wheel up at the suspension?

Thanks.

chop
01-31-2015, 12:08 AM
there are literally 4 arrows, one on each side of the car that tell you where to place a jackstand or jack.

sharpie510
01-31-2015, 01:20 AM
I saw and read other posts about those 4 arrows, but why doesn't the 500e manual even mention them? Also, the 500e does not include the scissor jack that is included in the gas 500, so maybe it shouldn't be used on the 500e. I just don't know for certain. I do see a flat spot on the chassis inside and forward of the rear wheel. Maybe this is the spot where I need to lift the car with a floor jack. If someone that has lifted their 500e could confirm, I'd appreciate it.

JohnnyBeagle
01-31-2015, 11:04 AM
Oh my god just lift the damn car. You don't get an emergency jack because you don't have a spare to replace it with.

I replaced all four wheels using the very distinctly marked off jack points, you'll be fine taking off one to fix your curb rash.

Fabio13
01-31-2015, 11:43 AM
It wouldn't hurt to put a small block of wood between jack and body to reduce gouging the underside. Also, as far as I know there is no scissor jack included unless you purchase the spare tire kit.

Tweak
02-01-2015, 12:12 AM
I'd think the e would be like the other models for jacking...
http://i47.tinypic.com/a9w7q0.jpg

sharpie510
02-01-2015, 01:53 PM
Oh my god just lift the damn car. You don't get an emergency jack because you don't have a spare to replace it with.

I replaced all four wheels using the very distinctly marked off jack points, you'll be fine taking off one to fix your curb rash.

You seem to have some anger issues. You should calm down man.