PDA

View Full Version : Unichip on an automatic yet?

Weigaldo
01-13-2015, 02:14 PM
I'm looking to buy a new car this year (will need more seats soon) and am leaning towards the automatic Abarth. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Unichip EC/HPSI tune on one yet? I know even stock it will be a step up from my CRZ with bolt-ons, but I'm hoping the Unichip would push it even further where it eliminates other cars from my radar (Cooper S, WRX, GTI, etc).

Timetrapper
01-13-2015, 03:24 PM
I'm not sure yes or no BUT those apparently void your warranty now even after resets, as the shop can tell if you have reset it etc. there is a vendor thread about it. so just be ready to void your warranty

J.Peterman
01-13-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm not sure yes or no BUT those apparently void your warranty now even after resets, as the shop can tell if you have reset it etc. there is a vendor thread about it. so just be ready to void your warranty
The Unichip leaves NO footprint (nor, do any of the piggbacks that I am aware of). The dealer cannot tell that it was ever installed on the vehicle. The flash tuners DO leave a footprint but some are saying that there are ways to conceal it (but they haven't offered any real info to prove that).

Copied from the Eurocompulsion Unichip page:
"-Easily removed and leaves no traces or footprints which can be detected or flashed over.
-Does not write or transfer any information to the factory ECU?

J.Peterman
01-13-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm looking to buy a new car this year (will need more seats soon) and am leaning towards the automatic Abarth. I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Unichip EC/HPSI tune on one yet? I know even stock it will be a step up from my CRZ with bolt-ons, but I'm hoping the Unichip would push it even further where it eliminates other cars from my radar (Cooper S, WRX, GTI, etc).
Weigaldo, you should contact Eurocompulsion or HPSI directly to see if they have any plans for writing the software for the automatic Abarth.
http://eurocompulsion.net/unichip.htm

I know that Unichip (U.S.) doesn't have anything on their site re. a version for the automatic.