PDA

View Full Version : Events in the Houston Area - Winter 2015

Gharbeson
01-07-2015, 07:44 PM
Check out the MSR Houston web site for their Race for Charity event. There are classes for any performance car with limited tracking experience. A great chance to run a lot of laps on a 2.4 mile sports car track. I'm pretty sure there are instructors available to ride with you for a few laps if you would want to. Only passing on the straights, must have helmet. the event has just been postponed until April 4 because of the nasty weather forecast for this weekend - the original event day. There are also several classes all out racing. I was in this last fall and it was a wonderful, low stress event.

ALSO SCCA Autocross at the Gulf Greyhound Parking lot around the Texas City exit. $50 for the days. The last event at the drag strip had 130 entrants - I had the only Fiat entered. beginners are very much welcomed with a lot of instruction available for free.

shagghie
01-08-2015, 02:13 AM
Excellent! Hope doesnt conflict with Hill Country...

Check out the MSR Houston web site for their Race for Charity event. There are classes for any performance car with limited tracking experience. A great chance to run a lot of laps on a 2.4 mile sports car track. I'm pretty sure there are instructors available to ride with you for a few laps if you would want to. Only passing on the straights, must have helmet. the event has just been postponed until April 4 because of the nasty weather forecast for this weekend - the original event day. There are also several classes all out racing. I was in this last fall and it was a wonderful, low stress event.

ALSO SCCA Autocross at the Gulf Greyhound Parking lot around the Texas City exit. $50 for the days. The last event at the drag strip had 130 entrants - I had the only Fiat entered. beginners are very much welcomed with a lot of instruction available for free.

pip
02-24-2015, 09:41 AM
^ whats Hill Country?