PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Decals?

Curtisc83
12-24-2014, 03:16 PM
I have been wondering if anyone makes side decals that say Turbo that look exactly like the Abarth one's except for the wordage. Since Turbos have no markings to distinguish it from a base model I thought it would be a neat idea.

Timetrapper
12-24-2014, 05:11 PM
go to ebay and search "fiat decals". you have to look through, and you will find a seller who can put anything you want on there in the text of the decal such as "turbo" "sport" and "pop" or even your name etc. I'd search right now but i can't log into ebay from this PC.

Curtisc83
12-25-2014, 04:16 PM
go to ebay and search "fiat decals". you have to look through, and you will find a seller who can put anything you want on there in the text of the decal such as "turbo" "sport" and "pop" or even your name etc. I'd search right now but i can't log into ebay from this PC.

Thank you for the insight!! I did exactly what you said and I found what I was looking for on eBay. I ordered it but I'm still on the fence on putting turbo on the side of my car. My car is the turbo model but something about proclaiming it to the world seems cheesy. I'm going to try it out and see how I feel about it.

junnyquest
12-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Your is black on black on black and looks awesome in that scheme. If you stripe it, try black... Would be a subtle touch I think would look great on the car.

Tweak
12-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Your is black on black on black and looks awesome in that scheme. If you stripe it, try black... Would be a subtle touch I think would look great on the car.

+1 I like subtle and stealth looks done like this.

A buddy has a Vette with 800+ WHP (about to head up over 1,000WHP soon) and he has a black decal on the black edge of the glass that reads "Burnouts for Boobies", not often noticed but when it does it is always good for a laugh from the person(s) that notice it.

Abarth619
12-26-2014, 10:28 AM
I've been thinking about pulling off my red ones and going with matte black or matte dark gray stripes myself. I'd love to see pictures when you install your stripes!

Curtisc83
01-03-2015, 04:09 PM
16088Not sure if this will insert directly from my iPhone but attached is my new turbo decal

Tweak
01-03-2015, 04:43 PM
16088Not sure if this will insert directly from my iPhone but attached is my new turbo decal

Works and looks good. :)

shadyabarth
01-03-2015, 05:00 PM
Decal looks great..

Curtisc83
01-04-2015, 02:05 AM
I think it turned out exactly how I thought it would. It's purpose is to set my car apart from the base model cars. But also set me apart from the Abarth's. And it does look pretty awesome. The turbo model almost seems invisible it's the one model without a real identity, it's like the junior NCO's of the whole line up. Folks seem to mostly discuss the base models or the Abarth's. I'm sure fiat tries to down play the turbo model so it doesn't eat into Abarth sales.

Babel
01-04-2015, 03:11 AM
Probably because people that just want a car get the base models because it's simple. Abarths go to people that want race performance. The turbo is even more a niche market and imo should just be erased all together from the line up.

Curtisc83
01-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Probably because people that just want a car get the base models because it's simple. Abarths go to people that want race performance. The turbo is even more a niche market and imo should just be erased all together from the line up.

It does feel like a niche model but it doesn't have to. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think in Europe the turbo model is branded as a lower end Abarth.