PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500X Marketing Discussed

Fiat500USA
12-22-2014, 01:42 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Matt Davis, Head of Product Marketing for Fiat North America, was recently
interviewed on the Autoline After Hours news show. Davis answers questions about
the new Fiat 500X and tells us where the car fits into Fiat's plans and the
marketplace. Davis also took questions from viewers on a variety of subjects
including diesels, quality and if the Fiat Panda will make it to the United
States.

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/J3PtSMAO7DM/fiat-500x-marketing-discussed.html)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-kh4Ris9ax2I/VGEltTUjmzI/AAAAAAAAXDQ/w5pOSaT8O1Q/s640/Fiat-500X-Lounge-48.jpg

Fiat500USA
12-22-2014, 08:34 PM
So that's it for the Panda for the time being. Too practical and not "aspirational" enough.

uknowthatguy
12-22-2014, 09:46 PM
Too bad ....

Andree
12-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Just adding comments as I'm watching...

Wait...there's a stigma attached to small cars? LOL! Luckily I'm blind to those kinds of things, and pick out vehicles these days for my own needs. Size was important, with smaller sizes being preferred over larger sizes. With the exception of the early seventies Corvette, all my cars have been small. And the Corvette was only a two-seater, so I guess the interior counts as being a "small car" too.

The mpg and the cost of the vehicle matter to me, but that's not a negative thing, as in "this is what I can afford, but if the sky was the limit, I'd rather have...". If there was no budget, and I had a lobotomy to erase all concerns for mpg, I can't think of another vehicle that I'd rather have than my Fiat. The size, the included goodies that come standard on the Pop on up, it's all perfect for me.

The only other car I'd like to check out is the Panda. But I'm not to that point in the video yet...

Heated steering wheel, again, so glad they put that in the 500X.

Okay, Panda discussion around 22:00. Saying it's part of the functional group, rather than the aspirational group. I see nothing wrong with function. Especially since the current safety features make it more likely for an occupant to survive a crash. Tons of news out right now about teens and old clunkers...
Study: What Kind of Car NOT To Buy a Teen Driver (Time)
http://time.com/3639874/study-what-kind-of-car-not-to-buy-a-teen-driver/

The idea is to get kids into vehicles with all the safety goodies of the newer cars. And that is expensive. But, once a car is HERE, in the US, it can be bought, used for awhile, and eventually the prices of the used cars become the affordable-to-buy as first cars for teens. It's got to be here in order for it to come down in prices over the years to be someone's first car at a low price.

The 500 is a great little car. But not having four doors limits it. The Panda would solve a lot of problems that the 500 cannot, like accessing the back seat. My physical back cannot handle the twisting and turning to use the back seat. And I'd sworn I would never get another two-door car, because of this. I wanted to get all of my moneys worth out of the car, and that includes access to all spaces! As it is, I feel like I have a car with unusable space, and it does bother me.

I would have chosen the Panda over the 500, just for the back doors. It's that simple. The sizes are about the same, but the back doors allow me to USE/access the back seat area.

"Too practical"? There is no such thing as too practical. It's like saying rain boots or snow boots are too practical and the only thing they have is hand-stitched Italian loafers. Sorry Fiat, but the loafers aren't going to keep my feet dry or warm. Sometimes practical is the way to go.

Bonus, Panda is available in 4wd, whereas the 500 is not. I can see the Panda Cross being a top choice new and used.

Good to hear they may consider a diesel (around 31:00), depending on how well the Ram and Grand Cherokee do. From what I've read, the Ram EcoDiesel is doing extremely well.

Oh! The Fiat part ends at 34:20, and goes to another vehicle. So the video isn't as long as I thought it would be, and those of you out there only need put aside a half hour for the video with Fiat!