PDA

View Full Version : 2014 FIAT 500L DDCT Problems vs. Manufacture date

DDT
12-21-2014, 02:11 PM
After reading most of the posts on this forum, I'm starting to think that there may be some correlation between the manufacture date of a 500L and problems with the DDCT. I had read that perhaps 500Ls manufactured after the first recall in March 2014 did not have a problem. However, I have no proof of that. I am not sure if FIAT would be willing to share empirical data about reported DDCT problems and date of manufacture. Thee are some anomalies as well, for example some people with cars manufactured in Q1 of 2013 don't seem to have this problem.

So, I decided to start this thread to help collect this information. It may prove useful to those with DDCT problems.

For those that don't know how to find their vehicle's date of manufacture. It is as easy as opening the driver side door and reading the plaque which is affixed to the pilar that separates the left front door from the left rear door. The plaque should proved information on country of origin, which we all know to be Serbia, and the manufacture date, i.e. 7/2013

I think that if we kept the information model, manufactured date and whether problems were experienced (yes or no) that it would be a good data point, albeit non-scientific I suppose

I'll go first. I have an Easy 500L that was manufactured in July/2013 YES problems with DDCT

X19
01-26-2015, 01:59 PM
Manufacture 09/2013. No DDCT problems; of course had the update performed anyway. Windows work with remote.

GRUB
05-22-2015, 05:26 PM
If I vote now I would say no problem, but what happens if I do have problems later on, can I change my vote?