PDA

View Full Version : CAR STOLEN! Please help! White Fiat 500L Trekking

jfw834
12-17-2014, 11:52 AM
I wish I had a better topic to post about. Unfortunately my car has been stolen and I believe it is in the San Francisco Bay area, probably Oakland or the surrounding cities. I stupidly gave it to a consignment broker and now they have gone missing. Any help that this forum can give me for spotting it on the road would be AMAZING. I have law enforcement involved but I can't rely on them only.

The car is a white 2014 Fiat 500L Trekking. License plate WAS 7BYH318 but could have been changed. Mileage should be between 20-25k and the vin # is ZFBCFADH1EZ005991. I have added a picture of the car below. It has a sunroof, nav and most all of the options.

If you have heard of anyone shady selling or buying cars in the area, OR someone renting out vehicles, etc. that would be very helpful as well.

If you have any information at all that can help me find my car and or the scumbag who embezzled it from me, please call me, Jeffrey at 323-251-2296. Thank you! (also, hopefully this goes without saying, but I don't need to hear what a terrible mistake it was giving the car to this guy, I know this already, so please only reply if you can help)

nilfinite
12-17-2014, 06:36 PM
That's really unfortunate. I'm in the Bay Area. Will be on the lookout.

jfw834
12-28-2014, 12:02 PM
Thank you everyone for doing what you can. Please keep an eye out. I will HANDSOMELY REWARD anyone who can provide information on the location of the car. Please tell your friends and anyone that is on the road to keep a lookout. The car should be easy to spot if you are thinking about it and know what a 500L looks like.

Thank you and happy holidays to everyone.

jfw834
01-06-2015, 09:29 AM
Unfortunately insurance is likely to deny my claim as I willingly gave the car to this person. I am trying for a claim but I don't have much hope in collecting. I suppose it is bit the same as letting a friend borrow your car and them having a huge accident. The big difference though is that you still have the car in your possession and can prove what happened. There is nothing to prove my story.

Also, the other big problem I'm having is the stupid LA Police won't let me report it as stolen until I have an insurance claim. The insurance won't let me report the claim unless I have a police report!!! Unbelievable.

jfw834
01-06-2015, 09:31 AM
This is a Craigslist ad that I strongly believe is my car! Please be on the lookout!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4831988614.html

Antihistamine
01-06-2015, 09:39 AM
Hopefully it is your car and goodluck getting it back! Be safe!

msjulie33
01-06-2015, 10:04 AM
This is a Craigslist ad that I strongly believe is my car! Please be on the lookout!

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/4831988614.html

Did you notify the police up here? If you have the VIN that should be all you need to get that guy right? You have the registration/proof of ownership? That location is very near; I'd call local police...

NGEN
01-06-2015, 11:09 AM
The ad states it is a Lounge and yours is a Trekking. I would ask for some real pictures of the car to verify.

jfw834
01-08-2015, 11:19 AM
The ad states it is a Lounge and yours is a Trekking. I would ask for some real pictures of the car to verify.

Good suggestion. I have hired a recovery company so I just let them know to try this. Might send an email myself too from a different email. Thank you!

jfw834
02-11-2015, 10:21 AM
Just wanting to bump my thread. I still haven't found the car. It is most definitely in the SF area. Please be on the lookout for me!

MrFiat
02-13-2015, 11:52 AM
First off, as I'm old school and not completely familiar with all the tech in todays vehicles, I'll pose this as a question. If it has any merit, you might consider it a suggestion. Aren't all of today's vehicles equipped with GPS location devices? I was under the impression that the local police could track and disable an automobile given the VIN # .

If that's correct I would suggest that the police are obligated to track the vehicle and recover it as it appears to be a case of grand theft auto. Just a thought for whatever it's worth.

jfw834
02-14-2015, 01:54 PM
First off, as I'm old school and not completely familiar with all the tech in todays vehicles, I'll pose this as a question. If it has any merit, you might consider it a suggestion. Aren't all of today's vehicles equipped with GPS location devices? I was under the impression that the local police could track and disable an automobile given the VIN # .

If that's correct I would suggest that the police are obligated to track the vehicle and recover it as it appears to be a case of grand theft auto. Just a thought for whatever it's worth.

This is a valid question and I have already looked into it. Wells Fargo doesn't have any such tracking device on my car. These ARE somewhat common with used car dealers and also high risk loans where the borrower has a history of default. I purchased this car new at a Fiat dealer direct.

jfw834
02-20-2015, 09:35 PM
The car has finally been found. It was abandoned in a parking lot in Santa Cruz and eventually towed. Thank you for anyone and everyone that kept an eye out for the vehicle.

Tweak
02-20-2015, 11:56 PM
The car has finally been found. It was abandoned in a parking lot in Santa Cruz and eventually towed. Thank you for anyone and everyone that kept an eye out for the vehicle.

Glad to hear it. I asked more questions on the other forum about your plans so interested in seeing what happens.

jfw834
02-21-2015, 10:03 AM
The car evidently has several dents on the doors and fenders but otherwise is pretty ok. I still have yet to see pictures though.

J.Peterman
02-21-2015, 10:16 AM
I'm happy to hear that they found your car. Hopefully, there isn't too much exterior damage and NO engine or transmission damage.