PDA

View Full Version : Oppps BOP problem

nickpratt2010
12-11-2014, 03:57 AM
So my phone died when I was installing and so I could not look it up as I put it on...I feel like an idiot. I didn't put the original recurculation pice back on after the adapter plate...been driving for about 150 miles now in clear weather and haven't hit any puddles. Does anybody know if this will ruin my car. My first clue should have been that the plug in had no where to plug in at. Also I cut the bolts shorter to make it fit...I thought I got sent to big of bolts so ya....does anybody know if this will ruin my car. I have to wait for new bolts so I can fit the old piece back on as well. Please don't make fun of me. Good news is it sounds like I have an intake/bop combo when that is the only mod I have. The weirdest part about this is my cruise control won't work now. It doesn't need to be said but I do have a check engine light on now. My car acts fine other than those two things I just mentioned. Thanks!

boostaddict
12-11-2014, 06:18 AM
if you can put it back to stock until you get the right bolts. what part did you forget to install?

Alec
12-11-2014, 09:28 AM
I'm trying to understand....

You installed the Forge BO adapter plate but did not put the stock assembly back on? So there is a large open hole in your intake tract? Probably creating a massive boost / vacuum leak!

You should be ok as long as no debris got in there, and you'll need to clear all the fault codes. No promises, though.

nickpratt2010
12-11-2014, 11:39 AM
Yes you are correct. I did not put the stock assembly back on. It has a huge leak. In all honesty though I don't feel a drop in performance lol. I'm just wondering if I didn't suck anything up at all could it have caused damage?