PDA

View Full Version : Intake... RRM corsa or mopar cold air?

Jered
12-10-2014, 12:37 AM
I currently have the mopar cold air intake system on my sport.

I purchased the RRM corsa intake and a couple other items from a forum member.

My question. Anyone ever ran the two intakes? Either better butt dyno feeling?

I'm probably going to use the RRM short intake so I can use the RRM engine cover on my car (don't think it will fit with the mopar intake).

Any input would be appreciated on the two intakes.

gundam2000
12-10-2014, 04:46 PM
I have had both the NA and the Turbo intakes on my car from RRM. I have had no complaints about either one. They sound good and look great. and anything is better than the stock setup.

I find the Mopar unit is too long.

Jered
12-11-2014, 11:07 AM
I find the Mopar unit is too long.

The mopar is a cold air intake. The cosra is a short ram.

The mopar is designed to draw air that is cooler and away from the motor. That's why its long.

This is basically my question. RRM claims 5hp and 5 torque on their short ram. That's pretty agressive numbers.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with both to give apples to apple comparisons

lammie200
12-11-2014, 11:15 AM
The mopar is a cold air intake. The cosra is a short ram.

The mopar is designed to draw air that is cooler and away from the motor. That's why its long.

This is basically my question. RRM claims 5hp and 5 torque on their short ram. That's pretty agressive numbers.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with both to give apples to apple comparisons

Just keep in mind that you won't see much of an improvement by just changing the intake alone. Intake + exhaust should net you a little bit of a gain.

Jered
12-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Already did a cat back exhaust and intake. Go pedal and inning control unit.

Anyways. Had it in for service the other day. Drove an abarth. And now no longer own a sport I'm rolling in a 14 abarth now. So.

Some parts to sell soon.

RRM tcu
rrm corsa intake
Non colored aluminum RRM engine cover
RRM engine cover dipped in carbon fiber wrap (don't have it in hand yet as I just bought it)
Stock sport exhaust
Stock intake manifold
And a carbon fiber shift knob made by black (company that madness sells knobs from).

Anyways. Will post this stuff and prices next week.

gundam2000
12-12-2014, 05:36 PM
you did exactly what I did.
enjoy your Abarth.

Tweak
12-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Already did a cat back exhaust and intake. Go pedal and inning control unit.

Anyways. Had it in for service the other day. Drove an abarth. And now no longer own a sport I'm rolling in a 14 abarth now. So.

Some parts to sell soon.

RRM tcu
rrm corsa intake
Non colored aluminum RRM engine cover
RRM engine cover dipped in carbon fiber wrap (don't have it in hand yet as I just bought it)
Stock sport exhaust
Stock intake manifold
And a carbon fiber shift knob made by black (company that madness sells knobs from).

Anyways. Will post this stuff and prices next week.

Bit by the scorpion...congrats!