PDA

View Full Version : 2014 500L - Burnt Clutch w/ Only 1600 Miles

lsm
12-06-2014, 12:24 AM
The clutch gave out on me today with only 1600 miles on the odometer. It's had issues since day one, being very heavy and slipping on acceleration. I drove another 500L yesterday to see if it was just my imagination and then scheduled an appt. for Monday to have her looked at but she didn't make it. Not the best situation but Fiat Roadside was easy to deal with and my dealer did everything they could to get me in and out quickly since I was running late for work. I'll be glad to get this resolved because the other 500L I drove was fun and I'm excited to have mine working correctly.

Abarth619
12-06-2014, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I'm sure the dealer will fix her up and get her running good as new! My wife wants a 500L in the worst way, but the lack of AWD has been keeping her from buying it.

superchan7
12-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Should be a quick fix for a bad clutch. You'd have to be really abusive to kill a good clutch in 1600 mi. Not likely, since you reported it slipping since it was new.

lsm
12-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Should be a quick fix for a bad clutch. You'd have to be really abusive to kill a good clutch in 1600 mi. Not likely, since you reported it slipping since it was new.

I don't even know if you could kill a clutch in 1600 miles without some other mechanical issues at work... As heavy as it's been I'm guessing the pressure plate was defective since new. My HEMI Challenger has a lighter clutch that my 500L and I know that's not right lol.

ALadies500L
02-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Please take a look at this thread that has my clutch replacement in it... this is a know problem!!!

http://www.fiat500usaforum.com/showthread.php?12337-Grinding-noise-and-clutch-burn-smell-when-reversing-uphill/page7

The clutch gave out on me today with only 1600 miles on the odometer. It's had issues since day one, being very heavy and slipping on acceleration. I drove another 500L yesterday to see if it was just my imagination and then scheduled an appt. for Monday to have her looked at but she didn't make it. Not the best situation but Fiat Roadside was easy to deal with and my dealer did everything they could to get me in and out quickly since I was running late for work. I'll be glad to get this resolved because the other 500L I drove was fun and I'm excited to have mine working correctly.