PDA

View Full Version : Mods for the natural aspirated models.

Jered
12-05-2014, 03:47 PM
So I was looking at a complete turbo motor swap however the non turbo models are lacking wiring harness connections needed as well as flywheel I compatability.

So. The next question and I've searched so no bashing please.

What parts are actual hp and torque improving for the non turbo models.

I have a mopar cold air intake, solo performance cat back... Also a non hp increasing go-pedal.

I have a road race performance timing control unit coming. (Though my dealership swears this is a dangerous mod and not to use it, they claim that it runs to leans and burns heads).

I want a cat eliminator pipe or extremely high flow cat. However again those are only made for the turbo models.

What other try power enhancing parts are there? Everything seems to be non power increasing let's.

I'm considering the road race light weight pulley, again no increase in power and simply allows quicker and easier revving.

Am I missing a manufacturer who isn't ignoring us non turbo guys?

Sales@roadrace
12-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Seems like you have most of what we have made for it. I don't see how the timing controller would be dangerous, the box leaves all the factory safety parameters in place, the factory ECU will adjust things to keep them safe, or will let you know with a code.

Spool500
12-05-2014, 04:40 PM
agreed with RRM. The dealer is going to tell you anything will hurt the car. As far as you car goes, look into dropping weight since its more of an issue making more power, the RRM pulley seems like a good idea, then lighter wheels if possible, rear seat deletes etc...

there is also this piece, it looks good in the pictures and the specs, but i havent seen any reviews about it

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CXR&Product_Code=HD-FIAT500&Category_Code=EURFIAT

gundam2000
12-05-2014, 04:44 PM
there is a header for the NA cars somewhere. search the forums.
the RRM unit definitely changes the car. The lightweight pulley should not be underestimated as well.
I also did suspension mods to my sport when I had it. and that's as far as you can go.

I ended up biting the bullet and traded in for an Abarth. I do miss my sport though.

lammie200
12-05-2014, 05:52 PM
...I ended up biting the bullet and traded in for an Abarth. I do miss my sport though.

Why?

Jered
12-06-2014, 02:12 AM
Not bashing the abrinth but the turning radius stinks.

I was however very disappointed that I couldn't drop a complete turbo motor in and be mostly plug and play.

Thanks for the link on the header. That also has the cat eliminator pipe I was looking for. $289 a little high for what I was looking for however with the hp and torque it'd give. Might be a go soon after a little more researching.

Jered
12-06-2014, 02:14 AM
Seems like you have most of what we have made for it. I don't see how the timing controller would be dangerous, the box leaves all the factory safety parameters in place, the factory ECU will adjust things to keep them safe, or will let you know with a code.

That was my thoughts but the local dealership (who btw raves on your companies parts) insists that the timing controller is bad and messes up heads. I donno.

gundam2000
12-08-2014, 10:53 AM
Why?

it was louder than my Abarth and the turning radius was sharper. it was also my first new car. I usually buy used. I had fun with it driving it HARD everyday. I'm more careful with the Abarth.