PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Denver in a Month!

InFuZiOn
12-04-2014, 10:54 AM
So I've never lived outside of Texas before but I'm moving to Denver in January and I wanted to know what type of tires I should get for my Fiat 500t to make sure I'm not sliding everywhere. Also Should I get some 15" steelies for those tires and only 2 for the front or all 4?

Brokernum1
12-05-2014, 10:12 PM
If your have 17' rims I highly recommend Bridgestone Blizzak's WS60 snow tires.
Put them on my abarth last winter and never got stuck once. However, in terms of snowfall per year I can't really compare Denver to NY but my experience driving the car during some of the more serious storms in NYC- and we had a few- was excellent. I also love to snowboard so any time a heavy storm comes through NY I drive out to Mountain Creek in NJ. I Just changed over to winter tires last week. Hope this helps.

Cheers

AbarthHeights
12-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Yes! Blizzarks are great. I drove up to NH through the "thanksgiving storm". Those have great traction, kind of loud, but I don't mind it.

smart1101
12-16-2014, 02:11 PM
Blizzaks work great here.I run them on my 4Runner.Don't drive my Abarth in the snow only because they use Magnesium Chloride on the roads and that stuff corrodes/stains everything(plastic,aluminum,rubber and of course steel). Way worse than the salt they used when I lived in Salt Lake City.It also smears your windshield really bad.

InFuZiOn
12-17-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks guys!! I looked around and couldn't find anywhere that said the fitment but do you know if the "Thule Universal Pull Top 6-Ski Carrier" will fit on my 2015 500 turbo