PDA

View Full Version : Question on how to get gear, speed, and trip info to show on the driver display.

Jasper7821
11-30-2014, 07:00 AM
We just bought our new 500l POP with manual trans and I don't see any info in the dash display except temperature and clock. In the manual it says that info is selected by pressing menu but the only options is buzzer, MPH which us on. And also in the settings menu on the touchscreen there a setting to display trip 2 info on the dash display and it's set to ON but no trip data is displayed.
Just curious why I can't see my speed, what gear I'm in or any trip data on the dash display.
Thanks

Tweak
11-30-2014, 10:19 PM
Congrats on a nice deal on your ride and welcome to the forum. I am not 100% sure on the L but on the other models the button on the end of the windshield washer stalk changes the display of information.

Jasper7821
12-01-2014, 02:57 AM
Thanks, I finally found it on my way home to Arizona. Only thing I can find is there's no display to tell you what gear your in. I called the dealer and they said they checked all the 500L manual transmissions and none off them have a gear display. Oh well, it would have been nice but no biggie.

Stacey Willard
01-18-2015, 10:00 PM
I have a 2014 500L and when it was in for an update, it now shows the gear. I have the DDCT transmission and it wil say D1 D2 D3 , etc for the gear. In manual it just shows 1, 2, 3, etc. Maybe it still needs the update? or was it only added to the DDCT transmissions?

DDT
01-19-2015, 12:07 PM
I have a 2014 500L and when it was in for an update, it now shows the gear. I have the DDCT transmission and it wil say D1 D2 D3 , etc for the gear. In manual it just shows 1, 2, 3, etc. Maybe it still needs the update? or was it only added to the DDCT transmissions?

Only the automatic DDCT gearbox will display the gears as you've stated above. The manual will not show you the gear. I have a Trekking 6-speed manual and it doesn't show the gear

ALadies500L
01-19-2015, 04:25 PM
think that is why they put such a big shifter in the 500l ... :)

bigger numbers less display screen :)