PDA

View Full Version : Red Abarth leather seats

Babel
11-25-2014, 10:34 PM
So from what I gather it's not fully leather, and from a few glances I've seen a few say a damp towel is best to clean them per the manual. Because of their mix of leather and what ever besides just dusting the dirt off with a towel a cheap yet good product to keep them from aging to quickly.

doverosx
11-25-2014, 10:39 PM
So from what I gather it's not fully leather, and from a few glances I've seen a few say a damp towel is best to clean them per the manual. Because of their mix of leather and what ever besides just dusting the dirt off with a towel a cheap yet good product to keep them from aging to quickly.

I've been using this: http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g18616-gold-class-leather-conditioner/. Works well from what I've seen. In the rear, it is a pleather for sure but is cleaned the same way; with the leather cleaner.

Vaejovis carolinanus aka lowconabarth
11-25-2014, 11:17 PM
I suggest the products from Leatherique, they are what the folks at Rolls Royce and many other high end car makers recommend. I have been using for years on all my leather products.

Tweak
11-25-2014, 11:37 PM
I use the same as dover linked above...both cleaner and conditioner.

Lexol is a great choice that is usually easily found if you cannot locate anything and wish to buy local (like Walmart for example) rather than online.

J.Peterman
11-26-2014, 09:43 AM
Where your body touches the seat is genuine leather (with the exception of the grayish stripes that are sewn into the leather). If you don't keep it conditioned with a quality leather cleaner and followed by a quality leather protection product, the leather will eventually start showing small cracks.

CC_Abarth
01-07-2015, 11:13 PM
I have to agree with Tweak on this one. I've used lexol on BMW, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, and a few others and it has done the job very well to say the least.

J.Peterman
01-08-2015, 09:40 AM
I have to agree with Tweak on this one. I've used lexol on BMW, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, and a few others and it has done the job very well to say the least.
+1
I've used nothing but Lexol for over 25 years on a variety of cars with leather interiors. Never had a complaint. It keeps the leather clean and soft.

Klasse Act
01-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Sadly I don't have the leather seats in my car but I've been using Griot's Garage products for my leather needs since 2005 and haven't looked back. Their leather conditioner smells like they melted a baseball glove into the bottle! I first use their interior cleaner to clean the leather real good and then follow up with the leather conditioner. They've also got a spray on leather treatment too, I would use this for bi-monthly conditioning afterwards. Don't forget your steering wheel and shiftboot too!

BTW Griot's Garage products are also available at Advance Auto Parts, a rarity for a premium product.