PDA

View Full Version : 500L remote door lock options

FLYNGA
11-25-2014, 07:32 PM
I recently upgraded from a Fiat 500 to a 500l lounge . I am trying to program my remote to unlock all the doors with one push of the remote key. The option is in the owners manual. The option is not on my system setting as per the manual. Do I need a computer update ? please help.
Also
The 500 had the feature and where I could see the tire pressure of each tire. This is not in the 500l. These feature should not be lost for upgrading to a larger new car.

on the plus side, EASTER EGG. This is cool trick not posted in the manual. If you press and hold down the remote lock the all the windows will close. If you hold and press the unlock the windows will open. This is good if it hot day if you want to open the windows partial or all the way.

Stacey Willard
01-18-2015, 10:08 PM
I don't have that easter egg on my 500L Trekking. I've tried many times.

Gundy
01-18-2015, 10:54 PM
I recently upgraded from a Fiat 500 to a 500l lounge . I am trying to program my remote to unlock all the doors with one push of the remote key. The option is in the owners manual. The option is not on my system setting as per the manual. Do I need a computer update ? please help.
Also
The 500 had the feature and where I could see the tire pressure of each tire. This is not in the 500l. These feature should not be lost for upgrading to a larger new car.

on the plus side, EASTER EGG. This is cool trick not posted in the manual. If you press and hold down the remote lock the all the windows will close. If you hold and press the unlock the windows will open. This is good if it hot day if you want to open the windows partial or all the way.

On our 2014 Trekking pressing the unlock button twice unlocks all doors. Tire pressures for each tire can be viewed
via the menu selection. The hold of the button will also lower all windows or roll all up.

Stacey Willard
01-18-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't recall seeing any option in any of the menus to see the actual tire pressure on my 2014 Trekking. I wish the windows up/down via remote worked on my car too. That'd be handy on a hot day to air the car out before getting in.

X19
01-19-2015, 02:31 PM
How do you do the individual tire pressures?

X19
01-23-2015, 01:01 PM
Gundy, please, how do you do the individual tire pressures? You're killing me!

DDT
01-23-2015, 06:16 PM
I thought that I would provide some information, that I learned today from the service centre, on the RKE controlling the windows on a 500L. It seems to be an option that is either available or not. Perhaps tied to the BCM. The service manager told me that he checked and based on my vehicle's VIN it is not available on my 500L Trekking. It was built in May/2013. However I had an Easy that was built in 7/2013 and it did have that option. Also I had a loaner Trekking, while my DDCT Easy was in the shop, that was built in 9/2013 and it also had the option. So.... it appears to me if your 500L was built after a certain date, it has the option. Perhaps others can provide some more data points on this.

Unfortunately, this doesn't appear to be an option that can be enabled or disabled.

Frommerstop
02-14-2015, 04:40 PM
I'm resurrecting this thread in the hope that someone can answer the OP's original question... Does anyone know HOW to set the remote to unlock ALL DOORS with one touch? It was a snap to set up the 500 Turbo, but this 500L is another matter.

I find it VERY annoying to have to keep pressing the remote over & over to get the passenger's door to open. I know it's supposed to be as simple as pressing the button twice, but it always seems my wife is locked out when I get in the car and she's not usually happy about it - particularly now with the temps dropping below zero around here!

mikochu
02-18-2015, 11:17 AM
I might be wrong, but the option is in the vehicle settings on the head unit... Also, I think the girlfriend's 500L Trekking was built in mid 2014 and we don't have the window controls on the fob option...but we do have the panoramic sunroof, so that might be why we don't have it.