PDA

View Full Version : Fiat 500X North American Debut

Fiat500USA
11-20-2014, 04:11 AM
Fiat500USA.com Has Just Posted the Following:

Read about it here... (http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Fiat500USA/~3/d8TUWHwxSkY/fiat-500x-north-american-debut.html)

sk8ace
11-20-2014, 02:41 PM
Kind of disappointing that you can't get AWD and a manual.

DiscoBiscuit
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM
Edit: They are offering a 6spd manual with the 1.4 turbo. interesting. Nevermind, not in AWD. :anger: I HATE AUTO Trans!

marcants1977
11-20-2014, 04:16 PM
I hope they eventually add manual awd versions of the 1.4 and 2.4 across all trim levels. Also, 6-speed automatic awd version combined with the 1.4 for at least POP and EASY. As always, they seem so far removed from what the dealers can actually sell and what customers want. Sigh.....

Andree
11-20-2014, 10:06 PM
You all need to calm down! LOL!

It's another first year model. Everyone thinks it's great and will sell, but the consumer has yet to buy it. It's not there yet TO buy.

The 500 Lounge originally came only with an automatic. It got a stick later on.

The 500L Pop only came with a stick, the DDCT came later on. Same with the full automatic.

The Abarth only came in a stick, the automatic came later on.

If you're going to Abarth your X, you'll want the turbo engine and the stick shift, am I right? There are already performance parts available for the engine itself. And from what folks say, it's "easy" to bump the hp with those parts. Isn't that exactly what you want?

The AWD is more for folks that have to battle the elements, although it wouldn't have helped south of Buffalo NY. The AWD is for mild off-roading, or driving in conditions that ARE like mild off-roading. Sand storms and drifts in the desert. Snow, rain, ice, hail, slush. So many folks absolutely need a little extra for their weather conditions. A little extra horsepower, a little extra grip.

Let's let those folks have and enjoy their Fiats too. There will be a whole new group of people to add to the Fiat family and forums. I welcome them with open arms.

Fiat500USA
11-22-2014, 03:11 PM
I asked. Sadly, Americans don't buy manual transmission cars, so it's not looking likely at least right now. Besides that major issue, another problem is the order time to get cars in from Italy takes a while, so the logistics of having cars that are slow sellers filling up boats and the holding areas is not practical. They thought about this, but really not likely.